720p Recording question

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. Now that I have froyo and 720P recording are there any ideas on how I can take the 3gp file off the phone and put it on itunes to watch it in high def???? Also I have an Imac and macbook if that helps. Thanks

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. Now that I have froyo and 720P recording are there any ideas on how I can take the 3gp file off the phone and put it on itunes to watch it in high def???? Also I have an Imac and macbook if that helps. Thanks

I'm surprised you don't have an iPhone. Welcome to the free world, I guess? :)

(I don't use Apple products; so, can't tell you anything. Good luck, though!)

jojoro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Plug your phone into your computer using the included micro-usb cord. Drag down your notification area and click the option under "Ongoing" that says Charge only. Select the Disk Drive option and you'll be good to go. The storage will be available to browse on your mac and you can drag your video files off your phone. Eject the disks when done.

clintb

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Or take your sd card out and put it in a card reader. Videos and pictures should be in the DCIM folder.
They'll only be on the SD card if you've configured the storage of pics and/or videos to be stored there beforehand. Else, they're in phone storage.

JadynV

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, same here. I don't have any idea of having an Apple product but I think they're not going to let anyone jailbreak their iPhone. Anyway, good luck.

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Got that part

Thanks everyone. I did figure out how to take the video file off the phone onto the computer. The problem is it seems that the Incredible will only take HD video in 3gp format. So Im not sure how I can get it to stream with apple tv. It tells me format not recognized.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't see any option in the camcorder's Settings to change the file format from .3gp to something else, like .avi, etc.

Perhaps an email to Apple is in order - suggesting that they open up their little Apple world to well...the rest of the world, perhaps? hehe

Otherwise, I guess you're stuck converting the .3gp file to something that Apple forces you to use.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Thanks everyone. I did figure out how to take the video file off the phone onto the computer. The problem is it seems that the Incredible will only take HD video in 3gp format. So Im not sure how I can get it to stream with apple tv. It tells me format not recognized.

try renaming the file extension to .mp4 then try to play it back.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a computer program I use called "Tune Bite 7". It will change formats for you so that it will work on your ipod.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95