Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 720p Recording question

    Hi all. Now that I have froyo and 720P recording are there any ideas on how I can take the 3gp file off the phone and put it on itunes to watch it in high def???? Also I have an Imac and macbook if that helps. Thanks
    Last edited by crwmlw; 09-01-2010 at 05:44 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crwmlw View Post
    Hi all. Now that I have froyo and 720P recording are there any ideas on how I can take the 3gp file off the phone and put it on itunes to watch it in high def???? Also I have an Imac and macbook if that helps. Thanks
    I'm surprised you don't have an iPhone. Welcome to the free world, I guess?

    (I don't use Apple products; so, can't tell you anything. Good luck, though!)
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
  3. #3  

    Default

    Plug your phone into your computer using the included micro-usb cord. Drag down your notification area and click the option under "Ongoing" that says Charge only. Select the Disk Drive option and you'll be good to go. The storage will be available to browse on your mac and you can drag your video files off your phone. Eject the disks when done.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Or take your sd card out and put it in a card reader. Videos and pictures should be in the DCIM folder.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jojoro View Post
    Or take your sd card out and put it in a card reader. Videos and pictures should be in the DCIM folder.
    They'll only be on the SD card if you've configured the storage of pics and/or videos to be stored there beforehand. Else, they're in phone storage.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I would suggest using VLC Player for MacOS for the playing of movies.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Well, same here. I don't have any idea of having an product but I think they're not going to let anyone jailbreak their iPhone. Anyway, good luck.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Thanks, Got that part

    Thanks everyone. I did figure out how to take the video file off the phone onto the computer. The problem is it seems that the Incredible will only take HD video in 3gp format. So Im not sure how I can get it to stream with apple tv. It tells me format not recognized.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Anybody

    Anybody can help ?
  10. #10  

    Default

    I don't see any option in the camcorder's Settings to change the file format from .3gp to something else, like .avi, etc.

    Perhaps an email to Apple is in order - suggesting that they open up their little Apple world to well...the rest of the world, perhaps? hehe

    Otherwise, I guess you're stuck converting the .3gp file to something that Apple forces you to use.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crwmlw View Post
    Thanks everyone. I did figure out how to take the video file off the phone onto the computer. The problem is it seems that the Incredible will only take HD video in 3gp format. So Im not sure how I can get it to stream with apple tv. It tells me format not recognized.
    try renaming the file extension to .mp4 then try to play it back.
  12. #12  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 720p Recording question

    There is a computer program I use called "Tune Bite 7". It will change formats for you so that it will work on your ipod.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "In valor, there is hope."

Posting Permissions

B