Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Where's my Froyo Update?

My daughter & I purchased our phones pre-sale in April. She received the update at 6am on 9/1 and I am still waiting at 9:53 pm (we live in the same household). I know 2 other people who live in my same household and received theirs within a couple hours of each other.

Is Verizon rolling the updates out randomly or have I missed the boat?

Default Re: Where's my Froyo Update?

I got mine this morning; be patient. It isn't the "holy grail" of updates. Besides, you can download it with the .zip file that was leaked out.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Master of the Universe

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now...

They claim the roll out is simply hit and miss, but for three out of the four in one house to get the update with in hours of each other and you being left out is highly odd...IMO...you could either sit on it and wait, or call vzw to see what they make up.... cause honestly I believe tech support is kept in the dark...
    Razr>Voyager>Storm 1>Storm 2>INCREDIBLE....DROID --> NEXUS!

You could always put the 2.2 OTA update.zip file on your SD card, boot into recovery and apply it.... it does the same thing as getting the OTA from them
    Droid Incredible - With Root
    Recovery - ClockwordMod 2.5.0.5
    Android Version - 2.2
    ROM - Ruby-1.1.1
    Unrevoked Forever

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodooru View Post
    You could always put the 2.2 OTA update.zip file on your SD card, boot into recovery and apply it.... it does the same thing as getting the OTA from them
    OR you could wait....My buddy got his Tuesday, mine came this morning. I came close to using the .zip file than saw a lot of posts with people reporting weird problems so I decided to wait it out. Glad I did. No probs here.

Youve waited this long, why not a little longer?
    Launch Day HTC Droid Incredible]
    CM 7.1
    whatever the latest version of Chads Incredikernel is out

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Talking

Deleted because I posted in the wrong thread!

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Patience, grasshopper. I got mine this afternoon OTA. What a pleasant surprise!
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!