problems with music player after update

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have no WMA files on my phone but after the update I have lost album art and entire albums and groups. One of the groups was dumped into a different band as a separate album. I just got the update so I am still investigating.

sebroy

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with 2.2 on my Incredible. All of my music are AAC from iTunes, synced with DoubleTwist. The pattern I've identified is that _all_ of the AAC files I ripped from CD (with iTunes) is no longer playable ("unable to play this type of audio file") and marked as "Unknown" artist and "Unknown" album (even though the tags are correct). All of the files I purchased from iTunes online have the correct information and can be played. Again, all of the files are AAC, and the issue isn't DRM protection.

FWIW, it looks like the DoubleTwist app recognizes the tags (has correct artist and album info), but doesn't play those files either.

This is a serious problem for me as the majority of my music collection is ripped from CD in this manner, and is no longer playable.

jcf

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Try removing battery

Had the same problem with my players not recognizing WMAs after 2.2 update. Removing battery and replacing, the problem went away.

anil4real

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Music Player Restarts Track

Anyone else have the issue after the update, that if you pause in the middle of the track, and you try to click play, the music starts from the beginning. This is really annoying with podcasts...

karlrock

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
from the beginning

I agree - after the update - all my podcasts will not hold their spot after I pause!!!

This is extremely annoying because I will listen to my podcasts on the way to work and pause and then when I go out to lunch and try to listen where it left off, BAMMM,!! starts right from the beginning

WTF!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes