Battery Life Fixed! Try these steps.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know. But sometimes people are in such a hurry to share they don't search or read, same problem different thread lol.

In clockworkmod it does EXACTLY the same thing in the advanced menu it says, "Delete batterystats.bin".......there is only one thing to do you either leave it alone or delete it, nothing magical about it. As a matter of fact from reading several pages into the whole mess on several websites, months ago, everyone came to the same conclusion that this 'trick' doesn't help everyone. So it's a shot in the dark, worth trying, but a shot in the dark. Most of it is placebo, unless you phone has a charging issue.

Faydee

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
From my experience you only need to bump charge so many time and it just kind of "sticks" for a certain amount of time. I did it for about 3 days and didn't have to do it again for about a month. I dunno YMMV.

i seem to be having similar results on this... i bump charged to full for like a week strait and now only do one bump after it turns green the first time and my battery seems to be running much better... after the new update it also seems like i am killing a lot more apps ever time i use ATK but my battery life is still very good...

*shrug*

KenB

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine was so bad that I wouldn't make it from 8am to Noon. I drained my battery completely and bump charged it a few times. I also installed juice defender.

I left work yesterday at 6pm with a full charge and never plugged it in. I lasted until around 10am this morning at which point it was at 10%. So I've gotten a huge bump.

I ordered the 3500 battery to fix my issue and it will be here today. But since I don't have an issue I'm expecting the 3500 to last a few days now!

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine was so bad that I wouldn't make it from 8am to Noon. I drained my battery completely and bump charged it a few times. I also installed juice defender.

I left work yesterday at 6pm with a full charge and never plugged it in. I lasted until around 10am this morning at which point it was at 10%. So I've gotten a huge bump.

I ordered the 3500 battery to fix my issue and it will be here today. But since I don't have an issue I'm expecting the 3500 to last a few days now!

I've had the 3500 battery for some time now and I can tell you with out a doubt it will last for a bit... I just put the phone on the charger at 10:30 pm and took it off of the charger about 11:00 am Friday, so do the math....it will last. I also always leave WiFi, GPS, and Sync on. my screen dimmer is set to 2 mins with the display on automatic. I spend time each day using the internet, music, listen to Beck on the radio (three hours), and play some NFS shift when I get the chance. I believe you will like the battery!

Also, to the OP..... what is step #5?....lol

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted with Froyo and I can get a full day of battery life with a few simple steps. Battery is Seidio 1750mhz
1) On your home screen set up the following Toggle widgets.
A) Mobile B )GPS C) Bluetooth D) WI-FI
Toggle them on and off as needed. I find that when I am at home I get virtually no mobile signal so I am always on Wi-Fi. Also if your in your car and use bluetooth, when you exit your car just turn it off. Very simple if the toggle widget is on your home screen. I usually always leave off GPS until I need it which is hardly ever.

2) Dim your screen brightness to anything less than 100%. Everyone will be different here but for me 70% is fine.

3) Uncheck Mobile Broadband Connect. This feature is so you can use your phone as a modem for a laptop (tethering). I read early on in this forum that it was saving the battery life for some people so I always had it unchecked.

4) Screen timeout. I have mine set to 1 minute but it really doesn't matter because as long as you turn the screen off (hitting the power button) when you are done with what ever you were doing with your phone it will save the battery significantly. Don't let the screen turn off by itself when you are done using your phone.

I am sure there are more battery saving tips but these are what gets me through most of the day on a single charge with what I would say is moderate use. Of course if you are using your phone heavily all day you will probably need a charge somewhere along the way.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE this phone, the only problem has been battery life especially compared to other phones. Apparently there ARE ways to improve battery life as this thread and the many other battery life threads point out. So why doesn't HTC just fix this problem on their end? Why do we have to go through all this trouble to get halfway decent battery life out of this phone?

Just venting, carry on. :)

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i have tried bump charging....and my battery life still sucks! im afraid to root cuz i know im a clutz and will mess up my fone! gggrrrr time for an extended battery!

Shiodooru

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Ever since this fix my battery has been doing great!

extremeoc.jpg

Isaacr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've found that if you power the phone off completely while charging, you don't have to worry about bump charging. It comes off the charger at 100%, just like it should.

At first I worried I might damage the battery by charging while powered off, but ... Then I realized that any company that designs a phone which can destroy itself while performing basic and necessary operations (charging) isn't a phone I want anyway.

PIYIRIO

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ever since this fix my battery has been doing great!

I cant help but wonder if this may be what we need... I noticed the battery in my incredible runs at least 20f higher than the battery in my fascinate at any given time. The fascinate has gone 2.5 days since being plugged in and is still at 66%. My 2600mah ebay incredible battery was taken off the external charger at 6:30am, and is at 86%. My factory 1300mah battery would be sitting between 45-50% right now.

Back on topic, deleting the battery stats never did a thing for me. Unplug > wait 5 minutes > Battery is at 93%

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've found that if you power the phone off completely while charging, you don't have to worry about bump charging. It comes off the charger at 100%, just like it should.

At first I worried I might damage the battery by charging while powered off, but ... Then I realized that any company that designs a phone which can destroy itself while performing basic and necessary operations (charging) isn't a phone I want anyway.
I don't think that's completely accurate....at least for my phone it doesn't. Try this: Once your phone has the green light (suggesting that it is at 100%), unplug the phone while in "off" state, wait a few seconds and connect again. On my phone, the light comes back to orange and stays there for about 20 more minutes, just like in the bumping procedure. So at least for my phone, it doesn't matter if on the 1st step (charge to 100%) the phone is on or off. The 2nd step (charge bumping) still has to be done (while off).

altezzaboy03

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Tried this over the past couple of days and it worked for me. My phone's been on since 8:30am today and has been through the usual routine of calls, txts, internet, music player, etc. I am at 67% now on a Seidio 1750mah battery.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, it seems that only the KingX #1 Kernel + setCPU are helping with the battery life of my Dinc. I tried the OP's instructions but I still have to bump charge the phone in order to avoid the "100-93%" drop. :(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463