Battery Life Fixed! Try these steps.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Taken Off Of the XDA Forums,

1.) With the phone ON, charge till the reported battery status is full/green LED.

2.) Turn Phone OFF and then charge until LED turns green again.

3.) Boot to recovery mode and go to console (or adb shell) and type:

mount -a
rm /data/system/batterystats.bin

You can also remove this file with the "Root Explorer" app from the market.

4.) Once the file is removed, Power the phone off once more and charge it till the LED is green, then turn it back on. Once at the homescreen, unplug it from the charger and then use it until the battery dies completely. (phone will shut itself off)

6.) Charge it fully again.

After this, you should notice you now have better battery life.

After doing these steps, now when I unplug my incredible from the charger, it sits at 100% battery for a while.. I could send a few text's.. browse a couple web pages and it does not move from 100%

Before I did this trick, the battery life would drop to 89 - 93 % within a few seconds.

Hope this trick works for you all, as it worked great for me! Also if this was posted already, just ignore me.. :p

Couple of questions.. (I'm posting here cause I couldn't find the original thread on XDA, if you want to link it - I'll re-post there)

I thought you couldn't root 2.2 yet, at least not without going back to 2.1 first.. Is that still the case with this? I rooted far enough to do S-Off..

Second - is this a one time thing that needs to be done, or does it need to get done daily to get better battery life?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
A lot of work. I charge my batteries externally. I have an external charger and two 3500 mah batteries.

Once the battery is charged and the light turns green on my external charger I leave it there for a few more hours. When I put it in my phone it stays at 100% for a LONG time. But if I was to charge the battery up in the phone it would not stay at 100% that long.

The solution if you don't want to root...

Charge the battery up until the light is green. Turn your phone off. You'll notice the light will now be orange. Let it charge to green again and when you turn it back on it will stay at 100% for a while.

But I do not like that method because during the 20 minutes or whatever it takes to charge back to green while the phone is off I might get an important call or text message. Especially the call I wouldn't receive.

Invest in an external charger. It's worth it. Can always have one battery charging while the other is in use!

danielk

May 4, 2010
Visit site

mount -a

Could you (or someone) provide details on how to:

a) boot to recovery mode
b) open a 'console' or 'adb shell'

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted?

If not, you can't do this.

If you have S-OFF, you can use Root Explorer to make this change and then just reboot the phone (power off, power on) unless you have Quick Boot and skip the adb commands.

Last edited:

danielk

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted?

If not, you can't do this.

If you have S-OFF, you can use Root Explorer to make this change and then just reboot the phone (power off, power on) unless you have Quick Boot and skip the adb commands.
What is S-OFF? Is it something I have to get from the Market?

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

mount -a

If you have amon ra there's an easier way of doing this step. Just boot into recovery then wipe battery stats

And S-off is having nand unlock. No its not something in the market. You need to be rooted to achieve this then run toasts nand unlock from simpleroot (step 2)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have amon ra there's an easier way of doing this step. Just boot into recovery then wipe battery stats

And S-off is having nand unlock. No its not something in the market. You need to be rooted to achieve this then run toasts nand unlock from simpleroot (step 2)

You can also do it in clockwork recovery.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The solution if you don't want to root...

Charge the battery up until the light is green. Turn your phone off. You'll notice the light will now be orange. Let it charge to green again and when you turn it back on it will stay at 100% for a while.

But I do not like that method because during the 20 minutes or whatever it takes to charge back to green while the phone is off I might get an important call or text message. Especially the call I wouldn't receive.
This is the solution I use and it works fine for me. In the larger scheme of things 20 min with the phone off is not a big deal to me and I don't want to go through the extra steps (removing the phone case + removing the back panel from the phone) every time I charged the battery externally. I'll be rooting as soon as unrevoked fix their "Evo bug", so I plan to test the OP's solution soon. Thanks for your update though, it confirmed that I'm doing the "charge bump" right. :D

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
From my experience you only need to bump charge so many time and it just kind of "sticks" for a certain amount of time. I did it for about 3 days and didn't have to do it again for about a month. I dunno YMMV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon