Won't e-mail pics on WiFi, only 3G

blacknchrome

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Has any one else noticed this issue?

I was trying to send pictures from my gallery that I took with my phone. I shared them from the gallery using Gmail, but they never got sent. I was on WiFi.

I then turned off WiFi, so my 3G icon came up, and the arrows were lit for a few minutes - apparently getting caught up by sending the pictures. The emails then were successfully sent - I know this because I emailed them to an address of my own, I didn't get an 'unsuccessful' notification.

Is there a way to fix this?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Picture messages send over the 3G network If I have my wifi turned ON and I send a picture message my 3g icon will show up and send it and then turn it back off. The same way with receiving.

But with email I just sent a picture and a regular message over gmail with my wifi on and it sent without the 3g. It sent with only the wifi connection. But as far as MMS messages it will bring up the 3g.

So, you're email should send via wifi. When you turned it off and they sent then maybe gmail was having an issue or your wifi was having an issue and it couldn't send but when it got back to it's 3g connection it did.

I'd say try it again.

blacknchrome

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, after the sixth re-attempt, it appears to be working.

I guess it was just a fluke, hopefully it doesn't happen again because I don't know what caused it.