1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did HTC not include the new camera features?

So in Android Central here, our beloved Phil so graciously made several posts and videos re: the new features/enhancements that Froyo brings to us. My question is about the camera. Here on the HTC Inc., I do not have the new on-screen menu layout and refreshed menu look... what gives? Did HTC leave this out or is it that it simply didn't make it into the final build of Froyo itself? Did the non-HTC phones get the revamped camera features?

Inquiring minds want to know....

what new layout and refreshed look are you speaking of? all that i know that froyo brings is 720p video recording and screen rotation for camera
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

from this post:

http://www.androidcentral.com/froyo-...ges-android-22

...and on the google site.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfrank View Post
    So in Android Central here, my beloved Phil so graciously made several posts and videos re: the new features/enhancements that Froyo brings to us. My question is about the camera. Here on the HTC Inc., I do not have the new on-screen menu layout and refreshed menu look... what gives? Did HTC leave this out or is it that it simply didn't make it into the final build of Froyo itself? Did the non-HTC phones get the revamped camera features?

Inquiring minds want to know....
    You are probably looking at the Vanilla froyo update.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Right, I'm sure the Phil-posts describe the "stock" Froyo, I just don't understand why HTC would have eliminated these updated camera features in the build for the Inc?

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

you have to go get 3d gallery from the market-i cant figure out how to pinch an album though
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok I don't see the 3D Gallery in the market?.. any tips on that?

And that will be nice to have, but it won't change the camera menus layout. Phil's post also mentioned that 2.2 would give the availability of 3 different flash strength settings. That's not present either.

3D Gallery isn't in the market (just knock-offs). But Corey Streater posted the apk here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...-get-here.html

Warning: it is not as speedy on the Dinc as it is on the Nexus 1. But it works and looks better than the crummy Sense gallery (I really don't need other people's facebook photos in my gallery app, thanks...).

Also, any features in the "froyo camera" that Phil discussed are not/will not be present on the Dinc. HTC didn't include the stock camera app. Which is fine by me -- I actually prefer HTC's unobtrusive camera app (although I usually use Vignette, anyway).
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    3D Gallery isn't in the market (just knock-offs). But Corey Streater posted the apk here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...-get-here.html

Warning: it is not as speedy on the Dinc as it is on the Nexus 1. But it works and looks better than the crummy Sense gallery (I really don't need other people's facebook photos in my gallery app, thanks...).

Also, any features in the "froyo camera" that Phil discussed are not/will not be present on the Dinc. HTC didn't include the stock camera app. Which is fine by me -- I actually prefer HTC's unobtrusive camera app (although I usually use Vignette, anyway).
    AH, problem solved, crisis averted and all that.

Thanks!