1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default before froyo......when tethering was free ...anyone else loose there rooted tethering

Before the froyo ota, I had rooted.my phone for the free WiFi tethering, and superuser permissions. Now I'm pretty sure its.all done except.the.superuser app.does that mean I'm still rooted and does anyone know if we can tether for free.again

Last edited by klittle81; 06-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Since tethering is free on the stock phone, seems like a silly reason to root.

No, you can revert to 2.1, get S-OFF, then update, then re-root.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomStamp View Post
    Since tethering is free on the stock phone, seems like a silly reason to root.
    I don't think that tethering is free on stock without something like PdaNet. I haven't tried, but from what I hear is if you attempt to tether using the HTC Sync the first site you see is a signup for pay Verizon more $$$.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I don't believe tethering is free through the hotspot app. The superuser app being there does not mean you have superuser it just means the app is still there. Easiest way to find out is install terminal from the market. Once it install start it and type in SU, if it says access denied you don't have root.

With that being said, if you did the update either OTA or manually through the update.zip method you do not have root. unRevoked 3.1 does not root 2.1 but they said on their twitter yesterday that 3.2 was coming along and would root and install s-off on Froyo across the board. So either wait or do it the hard way!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!