Swipe not working after Froyo update

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall the Swype Keyboard App, but NOT the Swype Installer App. Then launch the Swype Installer App. Enter the credentials you used for the beta, and the keyboard will be reinstalled.

notAcowboy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you can't find the installer you can log into swypes website and log in and re send the email. At least that is what I was told. Reinstalling it seems to have done the trick for me.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just long press a text box, select the stock keyboard then do it again and select the Swype keyboard and it will be working again. It will come and go like that randomly. Thats the fix the Swype guys said to do in their beta forums. I suppose they are working on a fix since most phones are changing over to Froyo pretty quickly.

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
still had the swype installer app in my my apps. uninstalled swype app (not swype installer) open swype installer, verified sign up credentials and reinstalled .... Works perfectly!!!! :)

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
still had the swype installer app in my my apps. uninstalled swype app (not swype installer) open swype installer, verified sign up credentials and reinstalled .... Works perfectly!!!! :)

This worked like a charm for me as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech