Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default browser on froyo

Is it me or does the browser on 2.2 seem slow?!?! Mostly when scrolling through pages.

I think the browser on 2.2 seems slower than 2.1 as well.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I'm rooted and mine seems to be just as fast as before.

My Skyfire browser and the stock browser seem just as fast on 2.2

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by gotbeer5150 View Post
    Is it me or does the browser on 2.2 seem slow?!?! Mostly when scrolling through pages.
    Have you got the plugins in the browser settings set to on demand instead of always on and the official ver. of flash10.1(ver10.1.92.8) ?
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I feel the same way, i think it has to do with adobe flash.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...lash-slow.html
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Have you got the plugins in the browser settings set to on demand instead of always on and the official ver. of flash10.1(ver10.1.92.8) ?
    I do have it set to on demand, but I have flash ver 10.1.72. How do i get 10.1.98?

Quote Originally Posted by gotbeer5150 View Post
    I do have it set to on demand, but I have flash ver 10.1.72. How do i get 10.1.98?
    Here you go

http://forum.androidcentral.com/321006-post252.html
    Thanked by:
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would love to download it from the link provided but mega upload just screams "SHADY!" to me.

Official link from google or adobe?

and could you please put a little how-to, sorry im new to this whole downloading an putting files on the phone, thanks.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Have you got the plugins in the browser settings set to on demand instead of always on ?
    I made the on-demand change. Anyone know how I make it work when I want it (i.e.- how do I make the demand?).

I've only had the phone for a few months and feel uncomfortable about being so demanding of it!

Quote Originally Posted by bigk View Post
    I would love to download it from the link provided but mega upload just screams "SHADY!" to me.

Official link from google or adobe?
    Quote Originally Posted by alamocity210 View Post
    and could you please put a little how-to, sorry im new to this whole downloading an putting files on the phone, thanks.
    I haven't had any problems with this apk. I still setup the browser to "on the demand" but it works a lot better than the 10.1 (beta). This is what I did:

1) download the *.apk to your phone

2) Go to Setting -> Applications -> Unknown Sources (select checkbox)

3) In your browser hit Menu -> More -> Downloads (click the apk file and it will proceed with the upgrade)

4) After the install go back to Step 2 and disable the "Unknown Sources" checkbox.

5) To save space you can use a file manager such as Astro to delete the downloaded *.apk file.

Alternate Step 1: You could download the file to your computer and then copy to your phone. Instead of using the browser to open the file, you just select the file through the file manager (i.e. Astro). I believe you would still need to do Step 2 before selecting the file from the file manager.
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Amyshubby View Post
    I made the on-demand change. Anyone know how I make it work when I want it (i.e.- how do I make the demand?).

I've only had the phone for a few months and feel uncomfortable about being so demanding of it!
    i believe if you touch the empty box with the green arrow it will load up the flash.

The apk on mega upload is just fine.... For anybody unclear on how to update a really easy way is to use awsome drop from your computer..

Quote Originally Posted by bigk View Post
    i believe if you touch the empty box with the green arrow it will load up the flash.
    Yep. That's exactly how it works...all Flash windows will have the green arrow and you pick/choose which one you want to activate.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

My browser end with flash turned on seems as fast or faster than 2.1. Especially when on Wifi.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!