Froyo update just messed up my Outlook Contacts

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got my Froyo update on my DInc this morning and all seemed well until I logged in on my PC and found that ALL of my Outlook Contacts had been altered to be listed by first name (I have over 1,000 biz contact), plus all of my notes in contact are all in just one font and one color. So I now need to manually go through every contact to have it filed by Business name.

I wish I would've known it would do this to my contacts as I would've tried to back it up first or something... :(

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After over an hour of fixing my Outlook Contacts back to File As -> Company Name to over 1000 biz contacts the other day, I checked my Outlook again today and my Contacts are back to First name sorted!?! WTF!!!

This Froyo update is severely messing me up for my business. Is there a setting in the People program to make my Outlook settings take precedence over the DInc People setting????

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I see in my DInc Accounts & Exchange ActiveSync settings is Resolve Conflict is set to 'Keep Items on Phone'. If i change it to the other setting 'Replace items on phone' will that fix this or will I further have this screwed up??

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using HTC Mail for Exchange access the day after I got my phone in April and replaced exchange access with Touchdown.

Email, Contacts etc.. are way too important to me for this kind of mess and lack of features.

You can give Touchdown a trial (up to 30 days) to see how it works for you. Just make sure you get the app named "Exchange for Android 2.X" NOT the app called with Droid 1.X in it.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I wish this was also possible for GMail. It likely is and I have no idea how to do it. But sorting by first name is not only annoying, but makes no sense. Last names for the most part are unique. Why they wouldn't sort on the unique part of a name instead of the common I do not understand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma