1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2.2 Bloatware - how do we stop this plague?

It is now officially a plague for 2 reasons.
    1. You can't (easily) remove it
    2. It starts and runs without my permission

Can someone share tips on removing this cr*p, and restoring the phone to just running the apps we have selected and actually want?

Default Re: 2.2 Bloatware - how do we stop this plague?

There are existing threads that cover this already.
    Active Phone: T-MOBILE - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted/Stock
    Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.2.1 - TWRP Recovery
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Great. Link, or answer please. Thanks.
    Last edited by martr; 09-04-2010 at 09:09 AM.

I agree martr. Give a link or some direction. Not all of us have time to spend 3 hours online searching for an answer. This is not like a battery life question that had 27 threads posted with someone asking the same question everyday. I don't want to root, and want to know if I can eliminate Skype and cityid without rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    I agree martr. Give a link or some direction. Not all of us have time to spend 3 hours online searching for an answer. This is not like a battery life question that had 27 threads posted with someone asking the same question everyday. I don't want to root, and want to know if I can eliminate Skype and cityid without rooting.
    The quick answer is no, you can't get rid of crapware without rooting. The best you can do is complain to HTC or Verizon, but I doubt that's going to get you anywhere.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Please do search before starting threads that have been started before.