Questions about Swype

st8fan19

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
swype works great! haven't gone back since i started using it.

unfortunately it is still in a closed beta and they are not taking new testers as of now. keep checking their site though.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Even if you can get a copy of the downloaded, you still need to have an email address and password for the Swype databases that was accepted into the Beta...

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to search for it, my copy is from another device and it does'nt work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I get this error sometimes when I reinstall. Try uninstalling both the swype apk and the installer apk, then reinstall.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Skidooo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Installed and reinstalled about 10 times. The keyboard shows up and you can type on it, but once I try to 'swype' on the keyboard, the trace shows up but when I am done, I hear the error sound and nothing shows up in the box that I am typing into. Anyone else have this problem ??

Froyo 2.2
Software 3.21.605.1
Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this, it works great.

please do not post links to the swype apk. it is prohibited in the forum due to the developers not wanting it to be distributed by anybody aside from themselves. yes it is a free app but at the same point it is their choice on how it is distributed. thank you

--brett

Last edited by a moderator:

luzzwick

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Installed and reinstalled about 10 times. The keyboard shows up and you can type on it, but once I try to 'swype' on the keyboard, the trace shows up but when I am done, I hear the error sound and nothing shows up in the box that I am typing into. Anyone else have this problem ??

Froyo 2.2
Software 3.21.605.1
Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100

yes, I am so frustrated. will try to get support from swype forums, otherwise I might try to slide it or something else. I really miss swype!

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Froyo 2.2
Software 3.21.605.1
Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100

This is a known issue on the Swype forums which cropped up with the release of Froyo on some (HTC?) devices. They're working on a fix.

There's a workaround whereas you change your input type back to the stock keyboard, and then change the input type back to swype. Your keyboard will swype properly, until you reboot the device, at which time the bug comes back.

Skidooo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information. Got Swipe back by doing what you said until I reboot. Happy days are here again ! Thanks again.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura