Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Questions about Swype

Does the Swipe keyboard work nicely with Froyo and if so where can I get it? I didn't see it in the market.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

swype works great! haven't gone back since i started using it.

unfortunately it is still in a closed beta and they are not taking new testers as of now. keep checking their site though.
    Droid Incredible

ROM: SkyRaider 3.0 Sense RC3
    Radio: 2.15.00.07.28
    Kernel: 2.6.32.15-king-HAVS-Oc-Uv
    Thanked by:

There are sometimes downloads floating around the internet. You'd have to search.
    A delicious bass...

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.2, JellyBean

Default Re: Questions about Swype

I'll have to search for it, my copy is from another device and it does'nt work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I think I just... Yeah, I just had a thought!

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Even if you can get a copy of the downloaded, you still need to have an email address and password for the Swype databases that was accepted into the Beta...
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

Default Re: Questions about Swype

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox View Post
    I'll have to search for it, my copy is from another device and it does'nt work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I get this error sometimes when I reinstall. Try uninstalling both the swype apk and the installer apk, then reinstall.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.6.32.9-g7d7b583

There is another version someone made in the market called SlideIT Keyboard that works amazingly.

Installed and reinstalled about 10 times. The keyboard shows up and you can type on it, but once I try to 'swype' on the keyboard, the trace shows up but when I am done, I hear the error sound and nothing shows up in the box that I am typing into. Anyone else have this problem ??

Froyo 2.2
    Software 3.21.605.1
    Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

I've been using this, it works great.

please do not post links to the swype apk. it is prohibited in the forum due to the developers not wanting it to be distributed by anybody aside from themselves. yes it is a free app but at the same point it is their choice on how it is distributed. thank you

--brett

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skidooo View Post
    Installed and reinstalled about 10 times. The keyboard shows up and you can type on it, but once I try to 'swype' on the keyboard, the trace shows up but when I am done, I hear the error sound and nothing shows up in the box that I am typing into. Anyone else have this problem ??

Froyo 2.2
    Software 3.21.605.1
    Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100
    yes, I am so frustrated. will try to get support from swype forums, otherwise I might try to slide it or something else. I really miss swype!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidooo View Post

Froyo 2.2
    Software 3.21.605.1
    Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100
    This is a known issue on the Swype forums which cropped up with the release of Froyo on some (HTC?) devices. They're working on a fix.

There's a workaround whereas you change your input type back to the stock keyboard, and then change the input type back to swype. Your keyboard will swype properly, until you reboot the device, at which time the bug comes back.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the information. Got Swipe back by doing what you said until I reboot. Happy days are here again ! Thanks again.

Cheers