Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default sd card mounted read only help!!!

This morning I woke up and turned on my phone. The SD card mounted read only. I clicked a few times on it to get it back to read write no luck. I've tried restart and battery pull. Any idea on how to fix it?????

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

Put it in your computer if you can and let it repair the files. I had the same problem and that fixed it.

i'm having this exact problem. when i plug it into the computer it can't read the card at all. it says please insert disk into g drive. and when i go to properties it says capacity 0 bytes free space 0 bytes

tried doing error checker and nothing happened.

i just got this card off tiger direct. its a class 10 card. i have a class 4 at home i'm going to try. really annoyed this is happening like 2 days after i got it

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

When you get home - try putting it in your computer. If you can copy the files off and then format as FAT32. Could be a bad card. Is it an off brand or is it a Sandisk or Kensgington?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

I need to try this, too. How do you put something so tiny in a computer? I do no see a slot anywhere near this tiny on my desktop or my laptop? My sd card is a Sandisk that came w/my phone.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    I need to try this, too. How do you put something so tiny in a computer? I do no see a slot anywhere near this tiny on my desktop or my laptop? My sd card is a Sandisk that came w/my phone.
    You need to use a microSD card adapter... it is the same size as a regular SD card. here is a pic to give you an idea of what im mean... http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...kKS8RVZdrVckc7
    Thanked by:

This adapter is or is not the same thing as a card reader?
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

The adapter is like a card reader. You can use either.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I guess I made a mistake, but I formatted my SD card on the phone and now it won't read on my computer at all, no matter if I put it in a adapter or anything. any fixes?

Default Re: sd card mounted read only help!!!

I'm having the same problem. I inserted my card into my computer to format it but it said it was write protected. How do I go on to fix the problem from here?