Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

Default In clockwork recovery, Can I wipe back to non root 2.1?

I assume it isnt that easy, but wanted to ask. I want to go back to stock 2.1 to do the stock 2.2 update. I have a rooted 2.1 now. Wireless tether has never worked, cant get my phone to recognize any of the 2.15 radios, and actually bricked the phone for a couple of hours.
    I used to swap blackberry roms once a week, me and this one arent getting along so I will play it safe I guess.

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kylep23 View Post
    I assume it isnt that easy, but wanted to ask. I want to go back to stock 2.1 to do the stock 2.2 update. I have a rooted 2.1 now. Wireless tether has never worked, cant get my phone to recognize any of the 2.15 radios, and actually bricked the phone for a couple of hours.
    I used to swap blackberry roms once a week, me and this one arent getting along so I will play it safe I guess.
    Rather than give up root, why not try rmk40's rooted but otherwise completely stock "official release?"

All wiping does is clear out caches. It has nothing to do with the basic installed ROM,

Wifi tether probably didn't work because you have to have a file on the root of your SD Card for it to work. Do this

1) Download a HTC Evo 4g system-dump (use google search - I bet you will find one)
    2) Extract a file named fw_bcm4329_ap.bin (located in /system/etc/firmware)
    3) Mount your sdcard
    4) Create a directory named "android.tether" (without quotes)
    5) Open this directory and copy fw_bcm4329_ap.bin into it.
    6) Rename fw_bcm4329_ap.bin to fw_bcm4329.bin
    7) Uninstall old versions of "wireless tether"
    8) Install the latest 2.0.2-pre release.

It is easy. Here is a post from yesterday with XDA links that does what you want:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ckworkmod.html

Cheers

Here's a link to the stock recovery. If you use unrEVOked Forever before you update, you can reapply Clockwork after you're at 2.2 so you can re-root.

[Recovery] Stock 2.1 Recovery Image for DI - xda-developers