In clockwork recovery, Can I wipe back to non root 2.1?
I assume it isnt that easy, but wanted to ask. I want to go back to stock 2.1 to do the stock 2.2 update. I have a rooted 2.1 now. Wireless tether has never worked, cant get my phone to recognize any of the 2.15 radios, and actually bricked the phone for a couple of hours.
I used to swap blackberry roms once a week, me and this one arent getting along so I will play it safe I guess.
- 09-05-2010, 09:40 PM #2
rooted but otherwise completely stock "official release?"
All wiping does is clear out caches. It has nothing to do with the basic installed ROM,
- 09-05-2010, 09:48 PM #3
Wifi tether probably didn't work because you have to have a file on the root of your SD Card for it to work. Do this
1) Download a HTC Evo 4g system-dump (use google search - I bet you will find one)
2) Extract a file named fw_bcm4329_ap.bin (located in /system/etc/firmware)
3) Mount your sdcard
4) Create a directory named "android.tether" (without quotes)
5) Open this directory and copy fw_bcm4329_ap.bin into it.
6) Rename fw_bcm4329_ap.bin to fw_bcm4329.bin
7) Uninstall old versions of "wireless tether"
8) Install the latest 2.0.2-pre release.
- 09-06-2010, 12:57 PM #4
- 15 Posts
- 09-06-2010, 10:34 PM #5
- 34 Posts
Here's a link to the stock recovery. If you use unrEVOked Forever before you update, you can reapply Clockwork after you're at 2.2 so you can re-root.
[Recovery] Stock 2.1 Recovery Image for DI - xda-developers