- 09-06-2010, 11:53 AM #2
- 15 Posts
I applied the 2.2 update.zip while rooted and the phone just kept rebooting after the update. You need to downgrade back to root, do the upgrade, and then re-root the phone. If you haven't already done so, you should do UnREVoked forever before doing the update so you can root later. I wrote a post yesterday here:
In this post are various links from XDA developers and others on how to accomplish what you want.
- 09-06-2010, 12:46 PM #3
- 09-06-2010, 01:29 PM #4
- 09-06-2010, 09:23 PM #5
- 34 Posts
Here's a link to the stock recovery
[Recovery] Stock 2.1 Recovery Image for DI - xda-developers
I installed that, let the OTA upgrade to 2.2, then reinstalled clockwork recovery. Just make sure you run unrEVOked forever first so you still have s-off after the update.
Once you're at 2.2, you can re-root like so:
To regain root access, do the following:
15. Download clockworkmod recovery from here: http://downloads.unrevoked.com/forev...od/PB31IMG.ZIP
16. Download the payload update from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1282834695
17. Download superuser from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6408470/su-r...-ef-signed.zip
18. Copy all three files to the root of the phones sdcard.
19. Reboot your phone into HBoot. HBoot will load and then load PB31IMG.zip.
20. Follow the instructions to have HBoot install PB31IMG.zip. Since the phone is still S-OFF, this will reload clockworkmod recovery on the phone.
21. Boot the phone into recovery and load the two zip files downloaded in steps 16 and 17. This will root the phone and reload superuser.
If all went well, when the phone reboots, it should now be loaded with 2.2 and have full root and S-OFF. Enjoy.
I didn't come up with this myself, I copied it from here
OTA 2.2 Update With Root Made Easy - xda-developers