Strange issue with MS Sync in my Ford...

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth calling and everything works great, but my SMS/Email/Googletalk alert sounds play only via the phone (which is fine) but very LOW and now loudly (and almost sound chopped off) when the phone is connected to the bluetooth.

I think it's trying to play them via bluetooth but Ford doesn't let them? Not sure. Anyone else experienced this?

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a new F-150, and I have been having the same problem. The phone syncs up great, but I don't hear any notification sound for SMS or e-mail when I am talking on the phone. If I'm not on the phone, I will get the notification sound via the phone, haven't figured it out yet either.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have "Quiet Ring on Pickup" selected? I did, but turned it off, and hope to see if this helps on the way home. Just thinking maybe it applies somehow to other alerts? I'm stumped.

aliebe

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
similar issue here...the navigation voice cannot be heard unless I turn bluetooth off. Plus my connection itself is flaky.

One thing I haven't tried is putting the sync source to bluetooth device.

Last edited:

aliebe

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just tested it. Change your sync media source to BT device and you will hear all of your sounds coming from your phone. what I didn't test is if you use your phone as a usb device (like an Ipod, which I'm sure would work), but I like my ipod and can live with out my phone being played through the speakers.

For me and my nav issue, i turned off the media portion of the bluetooth profile on the phone. Now I can hear my ipod/sirius or whatever and still hear the navigation...unless of the course the music is a little loud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49