Android rookie.. need email help

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been a blackberry user for years.. I am a recovering crackberry addict...
I recently purchased this HTC Driod Incredible.
Here is my question/problem;
I want to keep my pop emails on my phone...
When I open my email client on my PC, it pulls the emails from the server...
then when I open email on the phone, the emails disappear...
I understand the messages aren't on the server anymore, but I am set up as POP not IMAP...

Any thoughts... ?

armani6677

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have been a blackberry user for years.. I am a recovering crackberry addict...
I recently purchased this HTC Driod Incredible.
Here is my question/problem;
I want to keep my pop emails on my phone...
When I open my email client on my PC, it pulls the emails from the server...
then when I open email on the phone, the emails disappear...
I understand the messages aren't on the server anymore, but I am set up as POP not IMAP...

Any thoughts... ?

If you can't find a fix, setup a Gmail account (if you don't already have one), go to your current email client setup and have it send a copy to your new Gmail account. Than of course setup your Gmail account to push your emails to your phone.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
+2 on the Gmail solution. You can set it up to accept your POP email. Though I can't recall the procedure I followed, the instructions in Gmail are pretty good. I've noticed that if I delete my messages (Gmail or Comcast) via my phone the emails disappear at the fore mentioned accounts. But if I delete them on those accounts first using my pc they will remain on my phone until I delete them using via the phone. It's possible I may have sc@!ed up the set up some where, but I've gotten used to the quirk and use it to my advantage sometimes.

Last edited:

edarchitect

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Me too. With 2.1 I could keep email for a specific period of time or until I deleted it on the desktop computer, but now under 2.2, it disappears from the phone as soon as I have read it on the desktop computer. Can any one help? Sorry, but Gmail is not a help.