Voice search help with text

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have froyo 2.2 with the latest version of voice search. The problem is when I say send text to (contact) meet me at the starbucks it says working, then the text screen says to: is blank and the name of the person is in the message. So the message says to (contact) meet me at the starbucks. and the to section is blank. Any ideas?

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
its all about pausing apparently. try:
send text to.mike...meet me at the diner for lunch at 12 o'clock

make sure there is a very small pause between send text to and the person's name (maybe .5 second), and a longer pause between the name and the message (maybe 1.5 to 2 seconds). its been working for me...

lately it's been working well without the pause between the send text to and the name, but you definitely need the pause between the name and the message. the thing i can't figure out is that the guy in the launch video didnt have to pause at all...

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. Sometimes it works and fills in the name and other times it leaves the sent field blank. My advice, download Vlingo. It works EVERY time and is much more accurate than Google Voice. And the best part? It's free also.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a pretty well known issue with Voice Text. Read about it on the comments in the market and in the blog comments.

I find that VLingo does text to very well so rather than change my speaking to suit the software, I use software that "just works". VLingo just works.

The only thing that VLingo doesn't do is "Listen To" (Music) so I use Google Voice Search almost exclusively for that. I will admist that Google "Listen To" and Pandora is an awesome combination.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I read in another thread that it also has something to do if your contacts are in Phone or Google. If I remember correctly, they have to be in Google for it to work.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I read in another thread that it also has something to do if your contacts are in Phone or Google. If I remember correctly, they have to be in Google for it to work.

Pville is right. You have to do the following:

1) Click on People (Contacts)
2) Menu / Import-Export / Export to SD card

Then
3) Menu / Import-Export / Import into Google account (or something like that)
4) Reboot (for good measure)

This essentially takes your contacts that are localized to your phone and imports them to your gmail contacts. Now they can be seen/recognized by voice actions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463