Camera problem after update?

HiImSeth

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone seen similar things (see attached) happen to their pictures since the Froyo update? I never saw this happen before, that I can recall. However, now it happens everytime I try to use the camera. I use the camera a lot, so this sucks quite a bit. This happens using the stop Camera app as well as Vignette, same thing. It looks like crap on the screen when composing the picture, when autofocusing it does different variations (worse/better) of the same line garbage. I've booted the phone and that does not make a difference. Not sure what else to do.

Any ideas what could be going on?

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
My camera doesn't do that, however it will no longer focus. The auto focus tries to work and I can hear the lens move, but nothing comes into focus. I just tried a hard reset since most people said that should fix it, but no dice.

I would say try a hard reset, but I'm not convinced that something in the 2.2 update didn't mess up the camera.

whipstitch

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The camera on mine seems worse as well since the update. It focuses somewhat but seemingly not as well as it used to. I downloaded the Camera 360 (Free) app and that seems to work much better.

wls460#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Had a problem with my pictures being too bright and the camera not focusing correctly. Reset the settings in the camera to default and it works fine now.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Update

My camera doesn't do that, however it will no longer focus. The auto focus tries to work and I can hear the lens move, but nothing comes into focus. I just tried a hard reset since most people said that should fix it, but no dice.

I would say try a hard reset, but I'm not convinced that something in the 2.2 update didn't mess up the camera.

So last night my DInc was out of battery and I turned it off and charged it all night; normally I just set it to Silent and charge it overnight. This morning when I turn my phone on and test the camera, it works flawlessly. Could it be a memory issue or something? Which doesn't make sense because I rebooted it several times AND did a factory default and it didn't resolve the problem. Weird. :eek:

HiImSeth

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I've note been able to come up with anything to fix this. Are there any kinds of warranties or support for these things? I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
This may sound silly, but by looking at the pic the op posted... might not hurt to try wiping the camera lens cover off. Some times when dust gets trapped on the lens cover, that is what the camera is trying to focus on. As for the other issues, no impact no idea.

HiImSeth

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Definitely not the lens cover. It's all nice and clean. Somehow, the problem stopped happening for about 2 weeks and has since started occurring again. This sucks.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've note been able to come up with anything to fix this. Are there any kinds of warranties or support for these things? I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.

A faulty camera is certainly covered under your 1 year warranty. If you can't find a resolution, your last ditch effort would be a factory reset. You will loose all of your apps and data, so don't do that without making preparations beforehand. If you get a new phone, you'll have to set all that stuff up again anyhow.

I just loaded the official 2.2 and mine works great. I did end up doing a factory wipe ,though (was running a froyo leak).

Reactions: HiImSeth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star