Factory Reset

mprobert

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am going to perform a factory reset because I've heard that it helps alot with the new froyo glitches (music skipping and what not). I am not sure this is a good idea and I know I will lose everything on the internal storage. My question is whether or not my contacts will sync with google (much less how to sync it once I perform the reset). Will it automatically resync if I log into gmail account?

Also what else should I think about/consider before I perform the factory reset?

Thanks.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am going to perform a factory reset because I've heard that it helps alot with the new froyo glitches (music skipping and what not). I am not sure this is a good idea and I know I will lose everything on the internal storage. My question is whether or not my contacts will sync with google (much less how to sync it once I perform the reset). Will it automatically resync if I log into gmail account?

Also what else should I think about/consider before I perform the factory reset?

Thanks.

I just did this yesterday. When your phone comes back up after you default it, it will be just like when you first bought it. It will ask you to log in to your Google account and then it will start syncing your contacts.

Two other things to consider:

1. Sync your phone with App Brain so that when your phone comes back up, it is very easy to re-install your third-party apps. This was a HUGE time saver for me.

2. If you want to keep your SMS messages, download SMS Backup & Restore (free in the market). This will backup all of your SMS (not MMS) to your SD card and then you can restore them once your phone comes back up.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech