1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about syncing phone to car

When I had the BB Storm I was able to sync my phones phonebook to my car.
    I do not see any option with the dinc to enable this feature. Is it possible to do this?
    Rockin The Moto X

Doesn't the car's system ask you to load the phonebook when you pair it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes it does but it doesn't automatically download the phonebook. I will have to read the owners manual to see how to do it. I cant remember now how I did it with my BB Storm.
    Rockin The Moto X
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

As per Nissan, there is no option to transfer the entire phone book to the car (2009 Nissan Maxima). The entries must be done one at a time manually.
    Rockin The Moto X

download bluetooth file transfer. Works like a charm!
    Droid Does.......Incredibly Well.......
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'LL try it Thanks
    Rockin The Moto X

I have a 2010 Kia Forte. I paired my stock DInc pretty easily and the car automatically downloaded the phonebook. But after I rooted, flashed froyo ROM, flashed different radio, etc., it took longer for the phone to connect to the car and a lot longer to transfer contacts. My car has to transfer the contacts everytime, too which always takes a few minutes.

What build do you have on your DInc?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Downloaded bluetooth file transfer app and tried to download phone book to my car ( 2009 Nissan Maxima). The phone said that the device does not support
    FTP or Obex file. I am assuming it was referring to the car system so I guess I am out of luck. There might be an update for my cars system so I will call Nissan on Monday to see if they have any answers for me.
    Rockin The Moto X

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

When I had my infinifi g35, my phone book did not transfer from my Storm. On my BMW, my phonebook transfers over instantly once I paired, didn't even ask.

do you think the bluetooth transfer app will work to send the phonebook to my blue ant super tooth 3?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by jlchambers1961 View Post
    do you think the bluetooth transfer app will work to send the phonebook to my blue ant super tooth 3?
    For the ST3 just re-pair your phone. The Phonebook will automaticaly sync to the device.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.