Handcent slow with froyo?

johnnutz

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ever since upgrading to 2.2 handcent has been really slow for me? Is anyone else having this issue?

In particular if I receive a text while typing a text it freezes for a moment. Also, just opening handcent and navigating the program has become agonizing.

Is there some fix for this? Can we expect this to change with handcent's next update?

Dirtbikemike

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem before Froyo, had to delete all texts (had like 1500) problem solved, now I am up there again, running a little slow, but nearly as bad as it was. It was soooo slow that I just didnt want to text anymore

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with only 500+ text. Probably be an update soon ...

Last edited:

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i really wonder why htc took out the option to autodelete messages after a set limit that was a big fail i think.

bandanaMan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
i really wonder why htc took out the option to autodelete messages after a set limit that was a big fail i think.

I still have that option...atleast where it deletes texts after 200. im pretty sure there was an option for more or less, I just started using it yesterday.

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
After the 2.2 update I found my self having to uninstall every app and reinstall including handcent but now it works just great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol