1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues after I connect my Dinc to computer

Ever since 2.2 when I connect my phone to the computer an internet page pops up saying I need to download the Vcast Media Manager... and it does that every single time. It never did it before on 2.1 so u don't know what going on. The computer is running XP.

Sent from my ADR6300

It's a lovely little touch added to 2.2. Just close the window. It does it even if set to charge only.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Issues after I connect my Dinc to computer

But I also have a Vista laptop and it doesn't do it on that computer... its more annoying than lovely especially cause I don't want to use verizon software to manage my media

Sent from my ADR6300

Well yea, that's the rub, NOBODY wants it. I think Vista and newer blocks it(as you probably need to manually authorize it), whereas XP just lets it start right up. Mine goes right to default browser(firefox). I'll have to try it on my W7 machine at work.

I have Vista, it shows up on mine.
    Pronounced "woon."

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

It's not an "Issue" it's a "Feature."

Its not a good Feature, but none the less this is the difference between marketing and usability.

If you search, there is a thread that tells how to disable the CD ROM feature by using the dial pad.

Here's the link to the post: http://forum.androidcentral.com/321769-post295.html

Dial ##7764726
    Hit Call
    Type Password is 000000
    Hit Feature Settings
    Choose CD ROM
    Click Disable
    Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
    Back out to home
    Last edited by PvilleComp; 09-10-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added Link to post
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    jesso 

interesting