1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just updated new Swype Beta....now its not working.

I did a search and it did not turn up any solutions for the problem I'm having. I have the official Swype beta on my Dinc, saw that they just released an update, and decided to install it. I uninstalled the Swype Installer and Keyboard then downloaded the new version and installed it. Everything is there, the tutorial works, looks normal....but will not show up as a keyboard. Its checked under the Settings, but its just not there.

So I tried to get Swiftkey to work, and same thing. Can't get it to do anything other than the stock keyboard. I'm running the official 2.2 OTA on an unrooted Dinc.

Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm a total dunce. Some people shouldn't have nice things, I'm one of those people. lol
    Last edited by Kaneman; 09-11-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

What was the fix ?

Just a guess,

but after activating the keyboard in settings, to use it, you have to long press in an editor section, select input method and select swype.

Not really a fix as it wasn't broken. Reading the instructions help.
    Active Phone: T-MOBILE - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted/Stock
    Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.2.1 - TWRP Recovery
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM

I'm new to Android what is the advantage of Swype over the stock keyboard?

check out their website:

Active Phone: T-MOBILE - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted/Stock
    Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.2.1 - TWRP Recovery
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM

In order for mine to start working (you may not like this) but, I had to do a factory reset

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

i have never had swype before.i went to the link provided on ac and it said the beta has expired....i registered for it anyhow..is there a way i can get this for my dinc?

Google is your friend.

I have swype and love it. Does anyone know if they are going to open the beta up again? Someone I know wants his own.