Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen goes dark when using phone

I just got my Droid Incredible yesterday and every time I go to make a call, the screen goes dark and keeps blinking in and out so that you can't see the keys.

anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks,

Are your fingers or hand blocking the proximity sensor to the top of the phone? Left of the verizon logo?

*Never mind, that would not happen while dialing unless it was during a call on speaker phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Screen Black outs consistent

Anytime i dial a number or receive a call the screen goes black...and then flickers on periodically, once every 5 or so seconds...you can't even see the button to End Call

I have this happen when I am using the speaker phone... just hit the power button to force the screen to turn back on.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MilfordMark View Post
    I just got my Droid Incredible yesterday and every time I go to make a call, the screen goes dark and keeps blinking in and out so that you can't see the keys.

anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks,
    On mine if I am on a call and the phone is against my ear the screen is dark. When I take the phone away from my ear the screen lights up. As another poster said there is a sensor near the Verizon logo.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Screen goes dark

I went back to Verizon store...they tried the reboot and some other things, but eventually gave me a new device.