What the hell is happening?

tmac9wr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Recently I've been having a bit of trouble with my Incredible...my phone will start repeatedly dialing the last number I dialed. It appears to be totally random. I will be fine for an entire day...but then randomly it will start popping up. I reset my phone and usually that (temporarily) solves the problem, but this morning I had to reset the phone three times before it stopped doing it. My voice dialer will also pop up whenever this is occurs. It too will usually stop after a restart but it's extremely annoying.

I'm not really good when it comes to resolving these operational issues, but I know some of you are so I was hoping some of you might have an idea as to what the heck is happening here. Can anyone help?

P.S. Not sure if this is related but my camera also appears to have dropped in quality a bit too...

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just a shot in the dark here, but do you have a bluetooth headset connected to it when it does this? Those are the exact things that happen when you single tap and double tap the main button on a headset. Perhaps you are accidentally pressing the button, or maybe the headset is defective. Generally, a single tap brings up voice dialing and a double tap dials the last number that was previously dialed.

Edit: If you don't have a bluetooth headset, try turning off bluetooth altogether on the phone and see if it goes away. Perhaps it has somehow become inadvertently paired with another bluetooth device that you aren't aware of.

Last edited:

tmac9wr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
No headset for me...I haven't gone to Verizon yet, but was planning on going today at lunch. I just figured I'd ask here first.

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Have you installed any non market apps? I would look for weird outgoing txt msgs or calls not in your address book. It maybe malware. Scan your phone with Lookout or other anti virus in the meantime.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not some apps will give you weird issues. I downloaded a free game off market and found after a while the phone would auto scroll. I deleted the program and it solved the problem. So maybe its a app you downloaded, if not I would take the phone back and get a new one from verzion.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think traveling fool is onto something. Maybe you don't have a headset but maybe someone else nearby does and is messing with you? Check if bluetooth is enabled and if it has paired with anything.

The other possibility is that the phone thinks that a regular headset has been plugged in and is set up to respond to that. Maybe a hardware issue with the headset jack?

jlbusch

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I would advise a hard reset done via settings/sd card and memory/factory data reset.
This will clear all data on your phone so use a backup program first and be prepared to reinstall all of you data and info including all email accounts.
Then re install your apps one by one you try and see if one of them replicates the problem or if it was related to leftover code after the froyo upgrade.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It is likely app related. For instance, I installed NFL mobile, but didn't run the set up in the App. My phone kept scrolling to the far left homescreen. Powered off then on, still did it. Then, I went into the Nfl App, went through the set up process, accept EULA, etc., and all was fine again.