Droid Incredible

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Curious what type of answer you think you are going to get from a Droid Incredible specific forum??

:)

BTW, got a brand new Dinc from Verizon with a 2 year contract for only $149.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
On ebay the Tour, depending on which one you got, is still being sold for $125-300, which means you are basically giving him $275-450 for the Inc. A new non-contract Inc sells for $529. Depending on if you want a non-contract phone etc it could or couldn't be worth it. If you don't want a contract, totally worth it, if you don't care totally not!!

One other thing to keep in mind too, is Verizon is selling factory recertified Inc for $149....and you would still have a Tour you could sell!!

The $149 Inc with a 2 year contract is now the 2 year contract with a NE2 discount and ordering online! The 2 year only contract price is $299.....ouch! (Makes me glad I still get the $100 NE2 ;))

nygbrad

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I eligible for an early upgrade so I get $100 off online so I would still have to pay $199. I am trying to avoid using my early upgrade because I want to wait and get the Droid X replacement when it comes out next spring (when my NE2 is valid).

I've had my Tour on craigslist for a couple weeks at $125 obo and have only had 2 people interested but apparently EBay is the way to go with these.

Also on the rooted DInc can I still get it activated at the Verizon store?

Thanks guys for your inputs. I really only want to pay $100 pls trade my Tour so maybe I will hold out but with the rooted DInc I can use the mobile hotspot for free, right?

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Also on the rooted DInc can I still get it activated at the Verizon store?

Before you pay anything for a phone, you should obtain the MEID number for the phone and contact Verizon to see if it is clear. If it is not, you will not be able to activate it. Activation is normally done online, you don't need to go to a store to do it.

Being rooted should have no effect on activating the phone, however, you should know the history of the phone. How did they root the phone, did they use any special ROM's etc... as that information might be needed if you run into operational issues down the road and will help in dealing with them.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
+1 to the above, however, in all cases, with a little work, you can get the phone back to stock. I paid $320 outright for my Incredible in the forums, with 16gb msd, car charger, and 5 cases (sold Storm 2 for $180), but I think I got a steal, as the person switched carriers and needed cash for ETF. Either way, math should work out to be $300 to $350, which would be a reasonable cost. It's definately worth that amount, especially if you do not want to waste the upgrade, like me.

Post your phone on Crackberry, you should be able to sell it fairly quickly.

nygbrad

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think i am going to pass on this deal. I'd rather not buy a rooted phone that I don't know anything about. I just don't want to take someones word for it on craigslist.

Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully I'll find one soon so i can see what all this Android hype is about.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon sells refurbs on their site for $149 ;) You would have to re-up another 2 years but you shouldn't lose your upgrade, just a thought.

nygbrad

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I might check out the refurbished for $149. That seems like a good deal especially cause I wont lose my NE2!!

nygbrad

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I did it. I ordered the Incredible CPO for $149. I figre what the heck. It still has a one year warranty and it doesn't effect my NE2. Now we will just see how long it takes to get one!!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Eh keep positive.....most people, only the vocal forum member who don't, get good devices from the refurbs. Good luck, let us know how you like it!

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well I did it. I ordered the Incredible CPO for $149. I figre what the heck. It still has a one year warranty and it doesn't effect my NE2. Now we will just see how long it takes to get one!!

how do you get the refurb, is there a website link or you must call?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38