Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Droid X or Dinc.

I'm sorry if this is maybe a bad place to put this but, I'm going to buy an android phone this weekend and I was wondering, droid x or dinc? I really like the screen on the x but I'm not sure if It has the same "modability" as the dinc, I heard like you can't flash kernels and stuff to the x and I'm really into that stuff and I would like to start developing for android once I get a phone, what is your opinion?
    Active Phone: T-MOBILE - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted/Stock
    Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.2.1 - TWRP Recovery
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

LOL......

X if you want big screen.
    INC if you want sexiness

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    LOL......

X if you want big screen.
    INC if you want sexiness
    haha agreed. The X is just too much phone for me. the screen is really nice if you watch a lot of videos... otherwise if you want power and speed then the Dinc
    What you discover in a democracy is that it is difficult to build a house when each nail has an opinion. ~Robert Brault

Running:
    FROYO
    Redemption 2.0.4
    Unrevoked Forever
    Kernel: Hydra Stock Speed Undervolt V.05
    Radio: 2.15.00.07.28

Just depends. If I didn't have the extended battery I wouldn't be able to deal with my Dinc. I hated it before then. I was used to the Motorola Droid before then which would last longer.

I liked the way the motorola was built. I liked that the Motorola was very smooth. Even though it had a slower processor than the HTC it still seemed like it ran smoother.

The droid X I haven't used. But I am a pretty big fan of the Motorola Android devices because of my great experience with the original droid. I'm not sure what I'll go for when I upgrade but it's very possible I will go Motorola over HTC next time.

I'm not a huge fan of the huge screen though. I'd probably get the motorola droid 2.
    HTC Droid Incredible 2.2 Froyo

Using 3500mah Extended Battery x2 with external charger.

i just got rid of my DX...i had it since the first day and was on my 3rd one. Rebooted all the time and locked up...It was a pretty big phone...I finally decided enough and went to the Dinc (no chg) and havent regretted it one bit! LOVE the DINC!!!!!!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

If you're going to want to flash different ROMs then the DInc is the choice. I don't think they have cracked the e-fuse on the X yet.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Played with both extensively and X wins hands down.

Faster and has a better screen & Gpu. The Incredible is nice but it has issues with the antenna radio and u have to turn it off to fully charge it. I also HATE the amoled screen as it's impossible to see outside during a nice summer day.

Both phones are good but I like the X a lot better.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

The rebooting and glitches in the Motorola should be enough to turn you away, in addition, there isn't a good extended capacity battery available for the Droid X where the Dinc has a 2200,2700 and 3500mah battery available....and stock battery life sucks on both phones if used heavy so a extended is a must have.
    The HTC is also noticeably more responsive, smoother, faster and the AMOLED has significantly better, higher definition screen image for its size.
    The only phone I would choose over the Incredible would be the Samsung Galaxy S ....Fascinate.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by evosaurusrex View Post
    Played with both extensively and X wins hands down.

Faster and has a better screen & Gpu. The Incredible is nice but it has issues with the antenna radio and u have to turn it off to fully charge it. I also HATE the amoled screen as it's impossible to see outside during a nice summer day.

Both phones are good but I like the X a lot better.
    Calling BS on that from my experience with the two side by side, its not even close in performance, the Incredible is much more refined than the clunky Motorola Droid X.
    Neither....no phone is brighter than the sun(!!) so that is a bad comparison and the Incredible has similar resolution packed into a smaller screen...ie higher definition and significantly more vibrant colors from OLED than regular LCD.
    PS> I work in the sunlight every day with the Incredible and it lives in the grimy construction environment...and is doing very well
    Last edited by KB3MMX; 09-18-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    Calling BS on that from my experience with the two side by side, its not even close in performance, the Incredible is much more refined than the clunky Motorola Droid X.
    Neither phone is brighter in the sun so that is a bad comparison and the Incredible has similar resolution packed into a smaller screen...ie higher definition and significantly more vibrant colors from OLED than regular LCD.
    The X was voted for best battery life of any Android phone. I can go 2 days with it on leaked 2.2 whereas I could only get a day on my Evo running 2.2. The Incredible is said to have bad battery life so yeah. My friend has the 1750 extended battery on it and he still can't get as good battery life as my X's stock battery.

And I've compared both outside. The X is much more viewable. Put the Incredible on full brightness and it's not as bright/vibrant as the X and Evo screens in sunlight. Im glad they're doing away with regular amoled screens.
    Banned

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

The rebooting and glitches in the Motorola should be enough to turn you away, in addition, there isn't a good extended capacity battery available for the Droid X where the Dinc has a 2200,2700 and 3500mah battery available....and stock battery life sucks on both phones if used heavy so a extended is a must have.
    The HTC is also noticeably more responsive, smoother, faster and the AMOLED has significantly better, higher definition screen image for its size.
    The only phone I would choose over the Incredible would be the Samsung Galaxy S ....Fascinate.
    The X has the extended battery available and it's good enough. And it has no freaking hump like the others.

Duplicate post due to gateway error.
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM

I also HATE the amoled screen as it's impossible to see outside during a nice summer day..
    If you are suggesting the screen on the X is better, you are obviously expressing an opinion NOT based on actual experience...

Side by side comparison shows both are equally poor in sunlight.

Default Re: Droid X or Dinc.

Quote Originally Posted by krelvinaz View Post
    If you are suggesting the screen on the X is better, you are obviously expressing an opinion NOT based on actual experience...

Side by side comparison shows both are equally poor in sunlight.
    Ummm I can read my DX in sunlight just fine. Can't say the same about the DInc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I have both the dx and dinc and both have zagg screen protectors on them.
    While it is hard to see the dinc screen in sunlight I know from firsthand, it is also hard to see the dx screen as well in direct sunlight, its a little easier to see the dx screen over the dinc screen ,,, but not by alot

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I have both the dx and dinc and both have zagg screen protectors on them.
    While it is hard to see the dinc screen in sunlight I know from firsthand, it is also hard to see the dx screen as well in direct sunlight, its a little easier to see the dx screen over the dinc screen ,,, but not by alot
    What is the brightness setting you used?

Global Posts
    6,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by mikejs78 View Post
    What is the brightness setting you used?

Both the screen's brightness on the devices are set to almost all the way down just a little bit of color in the graph bar, and auto brightness is ticked off on both devices as well

Try both at 100%. Then you'll really see the difference.

Neither....no phone is brighter than the sun(!!) so that is a bad comparison and the Incredible has similar resolution packed into a smaller screen...ie higher definition and significantly more vibrant colors from OLED than regular LCD.
    PS> I work in the sunlight every day with the Incredible and it lives in the grimy construction environment...and is doing very well
    No my X was smoother than the Incredible. Of course I was using the Adw launcher because I prefer it to every other launcher. I also noticed on a lot of web pages and playing games, the X was smooth whereas the Incredible was choppy.

X > Fascinate > Droid 2 > Incredible

But Hummingbird > Omap > Snapdragon

Global Posts
    6,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by mikejs78 View Post
    Try both at 100%. Then you'll really see the difference.

Just did that both at 100 % side by side same type of homescreen moving phones to view at in different angles around not enough if any difference the dx does have a bigger screen , lol duh :rolleyes: but thats all I could tell .

Then I went to the Tapatalk app. (since that is on both phones , same results)

At first I thought the dx would be alot better but actual comparison I did showed none or if any it was so slight(or could have just been for the bigger screen ).
    I was actually surprized the dx wasnt better lol , but anyhoo .

No my X was smoother than the Incredible. Of course I was using the Adw launcher because I prefer it to every other launcher. I also noticed on a lot of web pages and playing games, the X was smooth whereas the Incredible was choppy.

X > Fascinate > Droid 2 > Incredible

But Hummingbird > Omap > Snapdragon
    My dinc is every bit is responsive as the dx (the dx doesnt lag either) . The dx does have LP+ on it ,,but did not lag any before I added LP+ either . The dinc doesn't have any 3rd party launcher at all (stock)
    Last edited by davidnc; 09-19-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Lets not forget one important thing when you start talking about it being more fluid in games. It has an important piece to that equation that makes a HUGE different sometimes, the Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX530.

Yes it has a separate graphics processor on top of the OMAP 3630 1Ghz cpu. So some things from time to time will be smoother. They had to add this in because the OMAP doesn't run as cleanly as the Snapdragon at processing, but like anything else in certain times it does prove to be beneficial.

Personally I've played around with DX's and my Inc runs the same or better in all but the 5% of things the DX runs better in, not to mention the size of the thing eck.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

The DX had no significant screen improvement in sunlight that I could tell whatsoever....actually, the MOTO X's LCD looks washed out pretty much all the time compared to a OLED display.
    I also use the Incredible in direct sunlight all day long at work and have yet to be unable to see the screen....or notice it being worse than anything other than a Kindle.
    Playing videos side by side, or looking at high contrast images, the OLED screen smokes LCD, period !!
    If the battery life was so great on the DX why does my Incredible run circles around it while the DX is tethered to the wall constantly?
    ---Fail.
    Last edited by KB3MMX; 09-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

The DX had no significant screen improvement in sunlight that I could tell whatsoever....actually, the MOTO X's LCD looks washed out pretty much all the time compared to a OLED display.
    I also use the Incredible in direct sunlight all day long at work and have yet to be unable to see the screen....or notice it being worse than anything other than a Kindle.
    Playing videos side by side, or looking at high contrast images, the OLED screen smokes LCD, period !!
    If the battery life was so great on the DX why does my Incredible run circles around it while the DX is tethered to the wall constantly?
    ---Fail.
    Cause your DX is a lemon, that's why. LCD's have sharper, crisper text. LCD's have a true white color, not pink or blue tint. The X has the best battery life of any android smartphone. So, X > Dinc. Battery life on the Dinc is pathetic.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
    Cause your DX is a lemon, that's why. LCD's have sharper, crisper text. LCD's have a true white color, not pink or blue tint. The X has the best battery life of any android smartphone. So, X > Dinc. Battery life on the Dinc is pathetic.
    Lol wow defensive much?? LCD's and AMOLED screens have comparable 'quality' in crispness etc. LCD's may have a truer white, mine doesn't display pink or blue, but AMOLED has true black which is more important for displaying video etc. Sounds like the Inc you had(?) was a lemon. White only becomes important when browsing web sites, and between phones it only matters in battery life since AMOLED uses more power to display white tones.

Now as far as battery life the X has decent battery life for an Android phone, especially considering it has a bigger battery than the Inc, 1300 vs 1500. In laptop magazine's testing the Inc achieved 4.33 vs X's 7.42. My Inc with the 1750 battery which is bigger than the X's 1500 would last longer than 7.42. So comparing apples to apple need not apply here. I normally get 16-20 hours of actual use out of my Inc. The main reason for the power requirements is because the OMAP processor uses less power and also returns less power which is why they have a seperate graphics processor to make up the difference, in my opinion. Without it the X would be a duck.

Which phone is better is debatable till everyone turns blue in the face. As far as I'm concerned I'll stay with the Inc which is a much more capable phone for my uses.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast