video camera vids say 3gp extension

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
please forgive me for my ignorance...

i record a video using the Dinc on the hightest setting 720p and the encoding type is mpeg4. so why oh why does sometimes when i go to the video and check its details it says the video ext is 3gp. sometimes i check and it says mp4, so annoying. i hope im recording in the best quality possible. is this just the android os acting up or is it normal?

jbl79705

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a new samsung droid charge and i made a video of the 4th fireworks. AWESOME ON THE PLAYBACK!!! HQ with Dolby 5.1 surround sound!!! I tried to upload to youtube but it said that they have an upload limit of 1 GB. So i decided to download, convert it, and slice it up into piece using Roxio 2010 Commander. thats when i ran into trouble... Roxio didn't recognize it...on the phone the file extension is .3gp but whenever i download it the file type shows to be .mp4. on top of that the file size is totally different than what i know it is (14 minutes HQ video shows up as 253 MB (265,507,268 bytes) on downloaded version and 343 MB (359,682,774 bytes) on phone (remember youtube said it was over 1GB) (when usb is both connected and unconnected between phone and computer) they both show with MPEG-4 File Format (.mp4) extension when the usb cable is connected. if I unplug my phone from computer then the file type shows .3GP on the details for the video on the phone itself. the file size on the phone and computer is the same (above). so you see i am in a delima... i want to download and convert but file sizes don't match to what i know it is. I tried to use old--OLD dos method of changing file type for that one file to .3gp but to no avail (too many years and too many beers).... can anyone help?:':)':)'(

jbl79705

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a new samsung droid charge and i made a video of the 4th fireworks. AWESOME ON THE PLAYBACK!!! HQ with Dolby 5.1 surround sound!!! I tried to upload to youtube but it said that they have an upload limit of 1 GB. So i decided to download, convert it, and slice it up into piece using Roxio 2010 Commander. thats when i ran into trouble... Roxio didn't recognize it...on the phone the file extension is .3gp but whenever i download it the file type shows to be .mp4. on top of that the file size is totally different than what i know it is (14 minutes HQ video shows up as 253 MB (265,507,268 bytes) on downloaded version and 343 MB (359,682,774 bytes) on phone (remember youtube said it was over 1GB) (when usb is both connected and unconnected between phone and computer) they both show with MPEG-4 File Format (.mp4) extension when the usb cable is connected. if I unplug my phone from computer then the file type shows .3GP on the details for the video on the phone itself. the file size on the phone and computer is the same (above). so you see i am in a delima... i want to download and convert but file sizes don't match to what i know it is. I tried to use old--OLD dos method of changing file type for that one file to .3gp but to no avail (too many years and too many beers).... can anyone help?:':)':)'(
GREAT NEWS!!! Ifound a converter to convert it even if it was so screwed up and it did ok ...not dvd qwality but for online ok... it was the " Free 3GP Video Converter v.3.7.26 build 602" from DVDVIDEOSOFT.com.....still i would like a reply to see hat you think happened back there...:D:D:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995