Dinc photos look bad after 2.2

hapbeeboy

May 3, 2010
Visit site
So updated to froyo on my Dinc and I'm happy with most everything, except the photo quality. Prior to foryo, I could double tap a photo and it would become much sharper, and then when I double tap to zoom out, it would stay super sharp and crisp, now when I view photos they're blurry, when I double tap they become a bit sharper, but when I double tap to zoom back out they stay blurry. . .

Just curious if anyone else has come across this issue or found a resolution?

I updated to 2.2 based on the official ota, and did 2 hard resets to make sure I wiped my phone back to stock to assure a smooth transition to froyo. . .

btw, battery life became better after hard reset, but still need to bump charge to get a longer life. . .also no need to use any task manager, as froyo does it all without our interference. =)

Thanks in advance for help/feedback!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
mine does the same thing, its blurry at first glance but if you zoom it the image will sharpen.

I just use the default android gallery, look around you can find the .apk
the images are never blurry and it sorts the type of pics much better.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
One thing I was hoping would get addressed in the Froyo update, was the way photos look against white colors. How they make the photo seem a bit off or something. I read about this in androidforums about how 5 megpixel cameras off cheaper phones were taking better pix than the dinc's 8 megapixel. And how more pixels isnt necessarily better.

I'm not photographer and didnt even notice this until some actual photographers pointed it out. After I learned what it was I never seemed to be able to not notice it after that. But, I can tell the photos still have that same issue. Its definitely not something that is a dealbreaker by any means, but just something I hope gets addressed eventually. I believe they called it over saturation or something. And changing the settings doesnt really stop the issue its apparently software issue.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
as a photog more mp definitely doesn't mean better photos...but it can help, especially when photos are cropped.
Pics look fine to me.
Just a thought, but the device seems to be more sensitive with the Gsensor calibration, so maybe the photos aren't as clear as you thought and there is some blur in the photo itself?

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Could it be that when zooming in it refocuses on something far away, and when you zoom out the near stuff is blurry?
When you press the shutter button does it refocus?

datterboy

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I think he means the thumbnails vs the actual pic. I noticed the same. The phone pc you ee of the preview fitted so you can see the whole screen looks like a blurry pic where the pic is actually sharper than the on screen shows. Definitely something that resulted from 2.2. This is a software issue without a doubt but sucks because it misrepresents the quality of the shot.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just notice it when photographing against white, to me its really noticeable then. I dont consider it something that I cant live with. That is truly the only thing I dont like about this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678