Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you ditch your Incredible for an Evo?

Would u or would u not?

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not even an option. My sister in law and a co-worker have an Evo, so I have played with one. Just doesn't feel right in my hand. It's almost too big...
    "In valor, there is hope."

I'll wait for the verizon version of the evo
    Nexus FTW
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Even if the evo was on Verizon I still wouldn't change. There isn't a phone out I would.trade my Dinc for.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Too big for me and other than 4G and an HDMI port, its basically the same phone (but I still think the incredible is better).
    Droid Incredible since June 2010

Default Re: Would you ditch your Incredible for an Evo?

I thought the same thing the first time I held an Evo, coming from an N1. Now that I have one my N1 seams too small. As with almost everything else in life, you get used to it.

Swyped from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

If sprint didn't have crappy coverage in my area I would be rocking one of those beasts
    Nexus FTW

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Besides... when the Verizon version comes out (DInc HD), you know it's going to have Bing on it anyway the way things are shaping up. Pass....
    "In valor, there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Even if the evo was on Verizon I still wouldn't change. There isn't a phone out I would.trade my Dinc for.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    Not even an option. My sister in law and a co-worker have an Evo, so I have played with one. Just doesn't feel right in my hand. It's almost too big...
    Quote Originally Posted by silentbobdrummer View Post
    Too big for me and other than 4G and an HDMI port, its basically the same phone (but I still think the incredible is better).
    +1!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Nope. DInc for me.

DInc HD + Root will be my next phone.

If the EVO was offered on Verizon, I would definitely trade my Dinc for one. The larger screen, HDMI port, and most importantly, the front-facing camera, are what make the EVO a better phone for me as a device.

Yeah i think the better question is...if the Evo was on Verizon what would you get.

Both are very nice obviously but i like the large screen on the Evo. It really just boils down to that almost.

Sprint is just an option that is completely off the table for me. If Sprint had the EVO and the best phone that Verizon had was a Motorola Razr, I'd stick with Verizon.

If it was Super AMOLED, Google, had 2150 or 3500 mAh batteries available and networked via Verizon... Yah, in a heartbeat! It's NOT so there is little temptation.

In a quick minute!

No way to reprogram the evo to work on Verizon?
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have both. The incredible as a personal phone and the Evo as a work phone. I will be jumping to the Evo looking phone that Verizon will offer soon and trade my EVO from work for a Samsung Tab.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

Quote Originally Posted by jason821 View Post
    No way to reprogram the evo to work on Verizon?
    I'm sure there is a way to do it. I don't know what it is, but I did re-program my old Samsung A900, a Sprint phone, to work on Verizon. Among other things, I made the ESN the same on it as it was on my Verizon Razr phone. The funny thing was that when someone would call me, both phones would ring.

Not in a million years. The Dinc, even with its flaws, is still the best android phone out there.

My girlfriend has the evo and I wouldn't trade. They are both great phones, but each has their pros and cons. I like my internal storage and ram compared to hers.. and I like the size better. But she does have the hdmi and front cam. I also like the evo kick stand. They're both great but not sure I would switch to evo. Just not enough advantages to either one imho.

my sister brother and 2 friends have Evos and they complain way more than me

I wish I had a spare evo to mess with just to see if I can get it to work on Verizon. Does anyone know if you dial ##778 if it enters epst mode? Maybe some programming there can do it.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

He11 no !!!
    Unless it got a 4.3" OLED display !!
    The current LCD screen on the EVO blows after being spoiled to OLED.
    Last edited by KB3MMX; 09-21-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: BEER

You have to consider the network. I think if the Evo was launched on VZW, it may do better than a launch on Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I agree, but I sure would like a front-facing camera.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Uncommon Sense ROM v0.9
    Hydra Overclock/Undervolt Kernel v1.0
    2.15.00.09.01 Radio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast