confused

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i just did the manual update to froyo 2.2 on my DInc and so far i *think i like it, but im a little confused, i seem to have flash working on my internet, which is good, and im not sure if the phone itself as well as the start up is quick, maybe that just needs a few reboots to kick in, but i dont seem to have the tether option under wireless, i just have the 3g mobile hotspot option, anyone know if i might have downloaded the wrong update.zip file or something? help please

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
but i dont seem to have the tether option under wireless, i just have the 3g mobile hotspot option, anyone know if i might have downloaded the wrong update.zip file or something? help please
The tether is done through the 3g mobile hotspot, but you need to subscribe with Verizon ($20/month). If you want USB tether or wifi tether (free) you'll have to root your phone.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The tether is done through the 3g mobile hotspot, but you need to subscribe with Verizon ($20/month). If you want USB tether or wifi tether (free) you'll have to root your phone.

Not entirely correct. There are apps out there that will allow you to wire tether for free.

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ok so 2.2 doesn't bring tether automatically without the 3g mobile hotspot, i still have to use pdanet or easytether for usb tether?

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
correct, if you want to tether you need pdanet, easytether or if you are rooted wireless tether. The only way to do it with 2.2 natively is through the 3g mobile hotspot that Verizon will charge you $20.00 a month for.