I have a sickness ...

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a sickness ... not sure what it is called, or if you would even call it a sickness.

Here I am, staring at my Droid Incredible, after having just "un-rooted" AGAIN. I have had this phone since June, and I LOVE IT! I love the fact that you can do so much to it and tweak every aspect of it. It keeps me interested and busy playing with the phone. I have rooted and un-rooted so many times. I have loaded so many different roms with different themes. I am starting to get to the point where I wish I could find a good setup so I can just leave it alone and use it normally, instead of "hacking" it once or twice a week. It sucks! I can't leave it alone. I read about so many cool updated or new ROMS and feel I want to try them out.

Do any of you have the same issue? It is difficult for me to be satisfied so I am always changing my phone. I am tempted to just give it up and get a dumb-phone that just calls and txt's, and maybe get an iPod Touch for music, browsing, and games ... but I know I will end up jail breaking it and tinkering with it. It is a waste of my time! LOL

Anyway, just wanted to vent for a minute to see if it helps me.

I want to find a good setup and stick with it. I am sick of wasting my time rooting, romming, unrooting, etc. I can't help it though ... it's so much fun! :)

Thanks for reading.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem or sickness too. But lately I have stuck with the same Rom and theme now for 3 weeks and just change every few days between LP and Sense. So I guess I'm satisfied with Sky Raider Rom and INCredble REVOlution as my theme. I have been very busy with work and my family life so maybe that is helping me to slow down on making all those changes to my phone.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the same ailment, but fortunately I have found a great ROM (Skyraider 3.0) that I have stuck with for a while now. I do follow various ROM threads and there is always one thing or another that prevents me from flashing a new one. For example, I can't go without the 5-wide apps in the drawer, so if a ROM doesn't have that, it is a no-go for me. And there just isn't anything more that I could ask for, so I, like you, sit and stare at my phone wondering what new goodness I can find for it.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the same ailment, but fortunately I have found a great ROM (Skyraider 3.0) that I have stuck with for a while now.

I have never really checked out Skyraider ROM until you mentioned it. Sense AND Vanilla versions?! GREAT! Another ROM I want to check out ... LOL :confused:

This is killing me.

CM6 is too unstable for me, so I am pretty stoked on Virtuous. Now I need to check out BOTH Skyraider ROMS. LOL

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Haha, sorry about that!

I personally like Sense, so I've never even tried a vanilla ROM. The SR3.0 ROM is really good. The best part is that you can watch hulu.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just tried SR Vanilla ROM. Nothing Special. I am going to try SR Sense ROM now before loading Virtuous again. LOL

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Haha, sorry about that!

I personally like Sense, so I've never even tried a vanilla ROM. The SR3.0 ROM is really good. The best part is that you can watch hulu.

I did not need to read that. Now I must fester in my sickness tonight...again. Why do I read this board??? :D

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Going back to Virtuous, ONCE AGAIN, and this time I am going to try my best to keep it! Wish me luck ...

EDIT:
By the way, thanks for the comments, advice, and support. LOL

kborer22

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
try Redemtion2.0.3

just flashed my first rom 48 hours ago, so i'm certainly not as experienced as you but i flashed Redemption 2.0.3, and so far i'm loving it.

It's a sense based rom, and coming from stock sense i feel very at home and it's easy to tweak and has great support from it's creator lou. It's worth checking out, good luck!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-roms-hacks/35555-rom-redemption-rom-v2-0-2-a.html

[ROM] Redemption Rom v2.0.3 UPDATE: 9-20-10 - xda-developers

Last edited:

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Only time I flash something new is when skyraider vanilla has an update or a new better faster battery saving kernel comes out..other than that I leave my phone alone

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a sickness .

I wish I could find a good setup so I can just leave it alone and use it normally, instead of "hacking" it once or twice a week. It sucks! I can't leave it alone.

same problem. It is so awesome but yet sort of disturbing that one can be addicted to it so strongly. I have tried so hard to stay with one rom or just use cyanogen and test out the nightly builds, but I can't stop trying out the new updates for the other roms or the new-new roms, especially the new 'Desire HD' Sense rom by IncDoes. THAT is f'ing awesome.

HTC is back on top with this sense overhaul!

edit: Also, SkyRaider Vanilla is not true vanilla in the 'sense' that there are Sense components left in it (usually in order to make it stable or make something work to its fullest potential (e.g. camera)). The only "true" AOSP vanillas are CM and Ruby, I believe, and now there's one more but can't think of the name. errr: will edit when I think of it. It's all the way down below CM Nightlies on Rom Manager.

Incredible > other Verizon phones

(although I am kind of envious of the big screens (DroidX) -- but that's just because I have never used one.. it may be annoying, don't know... would love to just try one out for a week and carry it around and quench my "big screen" thirst)

Last edited:

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I started applying leaked OSs out of necessity on my storm. When I got the incredible I didn't think I would flash roms on it. Then Froyo leaked, and I just couldn't wait. The tweaks found in roms are fun to play with, and many improve performance. Overall, the whole process is so simple on Android. And fast! I can flash a new rom in twenty minutes including backing up and restoring apps. Then I get to find all the goodies over the next day or two. Oh the madness.

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a sickness ... not sure what it is called, or if you would even call it a sickness.

Here I am, staring at my Droid Incredible, after having just "un-rooted" AGAIN. I have had this phone since June, and I LOVE IT! I love the fact that you can do so much to it and tweak every aspect of it. It keeps me interested and busy playing with the phone. I have rooted and un-rooted so many times. I have loaded so many different roms with different themes. I am starting to get to the point where I wish I could find a good setup so I can just leave it alone and use it normally, instead of "hacking" it once or twice a week. It sucks! I can't leave it alone. I read about so many cool updated or new ROMS and feel I want to try them out.

Do any of you have the same issue? It is difficult for me to be satisfied so I am always changing my phone. I am tempted to just give it up and get a dumb-phone that just calls and txt's, and maybe get an iPod Touch for music, browsing, and games ... but I know I will end up jail breaking it and tinkering with it. It is a waste of my time! LOL

Anyway, just wanted to vent for a minute to see if it helps me.

I want to find a good setup and stick with it. I am sick of wasting my time rooting, romming, unrooting, etc. I can't help it though ... it's so much fun! :)

Thanks for reading.

What is your root and un-root method?

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am familier with the unrevoked root method, but fuzzy on how to undo unrevoked. I have not played around with rooting yet, but I wanted to make sure I know how to un-root before rooting in case I need to return the phone for warranty purposes.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To un-root, download this file "PB31IMG"
- Place the "PB31IMG.zip" file onto the sdcard in the bottom directory.
- Power down the phone.
- Hold the volume button down while pressing the power on button. (This will place you in HBOOT)
- HBOOT will find the file on the sdcard named "PB31IMG.zip" and ask if you wish to update with it. Answer yes. (It will start to load and restart HBOOT and scan for the file again, don't panic, let it do it's thing.)
- When it is finished it will ask you to reboot the device, press volume up to reboot.

UPDATE:
BTW, I tried Uncommon Sense ... meh.
Restoring ROM Backup with Virtuous loaded.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki