Unable to Send MMS

Bcreed26

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post, I usually just read everything because I have always been able to find answers for the problems I have had.

Since the Froyo update (official) came out for Incred. my fiance has been complaining that she can no longer send mms messages. She gets the bounce message that its unable to send. She uses the stock messaging and I have never rooted or done anything to her phone (100% Stock). Because we have limited signal were we live, we have a network extender. I know that it doesn't transfer data and is specifically used for voice but she never had an issue until the froyo update.

What I have seen is her phone will sit there with no bars until a call comes in then it jumps to full signal. When the call is over it drops to no bars again. It will also does this with text messaging (Send text - signal jumps to full - she has no problem sending or receiving sms). As soon as you try to send a picture, the signal stays at no bars and it sits for a minute and says unable to send.

Any Ideas?

I have a Droid X (Official 2.2) and have no issues sending or receiving mms.

theguy386

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Try changing the maximum mms file size to something a bit smaller. I think the default mms size is 1mb or something, and that's HUGE

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Bcreed26

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It appears to be sending after I changed it to 500k but I am still not sold that it actually fixed the issue. I still think it has something to do with the signal strength because as soon as I hit send, the signal jumped up to one bar. The rest of the time it sits with no bars. Just weird... thanks for the advice.

datterboy

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Just put it in airplane mode and take it out again. I struggled with the same problem trying to figure out out and that did the trick. Kinda annoying but works and you generally don't have to keep doing it. One time should suffice and may happen again if you reboot your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm