Problem with 3G and beautiful widgets

chetman7

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm gonna crappily re-write my problem since I was like 3 paragraphs in and my computer decided to skip back a page.

my first problem is i'm on 1X all the time. I'll lose 3g out of no where...in order to get it back I have to perform a battery pull. I have tried updating my roaming capabilities. I have no idea how to fix and or iff its a phone issue or verizon issue.

my second problem is that I recently switched to a launcher pro and beautiful widgets setup since I like the weather/time combo. I ran the setup for like a week. my battery life lasted like usual. For the past couple of days, I put a fresh battery in charged from an external source. I had the phone on for 3 hours and I was down to 30%. I checked what was using up the battery and beautiful widget was using 80%. My battery ended up dying shortly after. I have no idea why it is doing this b/c it was fine the days before only using minimal battery. I have no changed any settings between those days. Could this problem be in conjunction with my 3g problem?? maybe since i'm in 1x all the time, the weather widget using more power in trying to update things??

I"m at a ends wit right now and have run out of ideas

If anyone has any ideas in to what is causing the problem or anyway to start isolating things to figure it out that would be great

thanks

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like maybe your battery and signal are related, you phone could possibly be looking for a signal which would kill your battery fast. I have used BW for a long time and have never had any problems with it using battery. You can check your settings and make sure its not updating the weather to much I have mine set to update every 3 hours. I have no idea how you fix your signal if its a phone problem I know if your connected to WiFi it won't keep search if that's an option for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz