What is rooted?

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Root gives you super user access aka SU. It will allow you to flash custom ROMs and themes. Some apps require root to work properly.
Some perks are better battery life, free tethering and removal of fps cap.

shanesol

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
tethering is using your phone as a hotspot basically, with rooting you can do that free. For an incredible, which I'm guessing thats what you have, google "unrevoked", its a 1-click program that roots your phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Before you do anything with root or unrevoked READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ABOUT IT. Don't just root your phone because everyone else is. Understand wat exactly your doing to your phone.

dlintz

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would bet that only 1 in 50 Incredible owners have root if that....and most of those nonrooters are probably very content.

beasy,
Like someone mentioned earlier google "how to root" and "unrevoked" to learn more about it. Rooting your phone gives you as much control over the innards of your phone as you're willing to tinker with...and because of that the results can be bad. However, if you're careful and do your homework you can turn your Incredible into an "effin' Incredible."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar