help. screens move by themselves.

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok all if a sudden my home screens are starting to switch on there own. Really weird. Did a battery pull. No go. Any ideas.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok all if a sudden my home screens are starting to switch on there own. Really weird. Did a battery pull. No go. Any ideas.
You must be a former Blackberry user. No need to do battery pulls on an Android phone. A power off then back on (reboot) is all that's necessary.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

As others have pointed out, it's because of the optical trackpad. While cleaning helps a bit, your location is the biggest factor. I've noticed that when I'm under florescent lights at work, it is CONSTANTLY switching screens. It also moves the cursor whenver I'm typing and makes use while at work almost, well, unusable. However, when I'm in my car, at home, or outside, I never have an issue with it "jumping screens."

My advice: if you find yourself in one of these situations where it jumps alot, put a piece of tape over the trackpad. Now, if we had the ability to disable it totally I think I would jump for joy.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
...is why I like hanging here. Good advice and folks honestly trying to help.
Had the same issue myself awhile back. Read some posts, got some advice and resolved the issue.

A damped Q-tip with alcohol, a few breaths to dry, a couple pops pushing in on the ball then some rolls to check out the function worked for me. Haven't had an issue since!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781