Phone says searching for music / What 32GB microSD to buy

bwhitty

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey trying to kill two birds with one thread here.

First, my phone won't update the music that I put in the MP3 folder on my local phone storage ever since last week. When I browse the storage when it's plugged into my laptop, I see that all the music I have added is present in the MP3 folder, but when I unsync the phone, android music player still shows me having the same songs I had last week. I have deleted the whole MP3 folder (and Music folder..) and remade them and readded all the music. No luck. Phone sometimes says 'searching for music' and sometimes just shows me the music I had from last week but with broken file paths and such. Any help?

Also the stock 2GB microSD that I got with the phone has gone the 'mounted read-only' route. I've read I can fix this by getting it into my laptop, but I had already been planning to upgrade to a 32 microSD so I've decided to go ahead with it. What microSD should I buy? Any SDHC compliant card will work and show it's full 32GB in my phone correct? Therefore are there any companies (or deals out there?) that I should stick to?

Thanks everybody :D

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
For your music problem have you tried to clear the data in your music player? If not then menu>settings>applications>manage apps>music player then hit clear data.

Not to sure what sdcards are better then others but I know Amazon has pretty good deals.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I would contact HTC and see what brand they recommend for SD cards or particularly in your case 32 gb SD cards.

And what ever you do NOT go to eBay to find SD cards. A lot of them are fakes tuat don't work that employees pull off the assembly line and sell them for cheap.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from newegg.com. I sorted the 32 GB by "best Selling" and looked at the user comments. Many of them were from Droid Inc. owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis