SLCD screens

rouser20

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Earlier this month their was an article about the Incredible switching from AMOLED to SLCD. Well, it has happened. I have 2 friends that ordered Incredibles last week and received them today and they both have the new SKU that was initiated for the new model. So, if you wanted an Incredible with an AMOLED screen, you are probably out of luck, atleast if you order from Verizon's website. Compared to my AMOLED screen though, I really can't tell that much of a difference between them. Just thought I would let you know that they are out there now incase anyone really cares.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
what is the difference?

amoled has deeper richer colors,I have amoled on dinc and have compaired it to my dx screen and can see a difference in the colors ,haven't seen a comparison on the dinc amoled to the dinc slcd yet tho so not sure how/ or if there is much difference ;)

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the touch sensitivity is the same on SLCD? I find that the sensitivity in the AMOLED is sometimes not that great.

rouser20

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The main way is to see what the SKU is on the box. The AMOLED ones end with a 2 and the new SLCD ones end with a 3. That is the easiest way to tell.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
ok nice then i did get a new slcd one i got my incredible last saturday from a best buy after i returned my x

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
what is the difference?

Play a high contrast color video, especially with blacks side by side
with OLED -vs- LCD and you'll see a staggering difference, OLED whips
the crap out of anything LCD, although LCD is cheaper.
Great example of this is between a Droid X and a Samsung Fascinate!!

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
it works about the same as the amoled devices better than regular lcd but still not amazing. but the slcd doesnt make the capacitive sensors on the screen insanely visible under any sort of light which is really nice!

but this is just my experience with mine

rouser20

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, SLCD doesn't perform any better in the direct sunlight. Also, the SLCD does seem to run the battery down quicker than the AMOLED. My friend and I tested ours with the same settings and the same stuff running and the AMOLED lasted about 3.5 hours longer than the SLCD.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49