I Love my HTC Droid Incredible. I have no problems using the camera or moving images where I want them (Facebook, Flickr, or my PC). As I take photos, they are saved as a file name like "IMAG0029.jpg". They sequentially increment. I am fine with that.

What I would like, is, a way to re-set the embedded number to zero; either when the camera is empty (after a download), or manually.
    09-29-2010 11:29 AM
    You can try to clear cache and or data which should reset the number to zero. To do that just hit menu>settings>applications>manage applications>camera then clear cache and data.
    09-29-2010 11:47 AM
    Thanks mclarryjr ! That got me there.

I modified your words slightly to: With camera app NOT running: Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Camera then clear data.

I've added this to my web site at file:///D:/ksguy/rev/hints.html Item #25.
    Delirious D and 1DroidX like this.
    09-29-2010 01:28 PM
    That's not a website, that's a local file on your D: drive
    09-29-2010 01:31 PM
    Thanks mclarryjr ! That got me there ... I've added this to my web site at file:///D:/ksguy/rev/hints.html Item #25.
    SparksGuy FTW! This is RAD! LMAO!

Very good tip though! I am resetting my camera counter right now.
    09-30-2010 10:54 AM
    You're absolutely right! You get the bragging rights and the cigar (candy). { :o Gosh I feel so stupid! :o }

And the LATE reply? ! - - Sorry, I've been in the hospital, much better now.

The link to my web site is: www.ksguy.com/rev/hints Item #25.

SparksGuy
    01-08-2011 11:05 AM
    thanks mclarryjr ! That got me there.

I modified your words slightly to: With camera app not running: Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > all > camera then clear data.

I've added this to my web site at file:///d:/ksguy/rev/hints.html item #25.
    i know 4 years later but will doing this erase currently saved pictures?
    03-19-2014 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD