google email help

sethlamb

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had set up a bogus google acct when i activated the droid and now i have switched to gmail for personal reasons. i would like to make the new account i set up the default instead of the bogus account.....is this possible without hard resetting the phone and losing everything.....please help

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Try settings>Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Google. You can add a second account there.

I would suggest downloading all of your calendar info to a file then uploading it to the new google account before deleting it all from the old one. This just keeps the calendar tidy so you don't have multiple calendar across your accounts.

Email can't be copied over, as far as I know. Let me know if you are concerned about that. There are remedies, but it sounds like you don't use the original account for email.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried before 2.2 and rooting and got a message that the default email account cannot be deleted. You may have to perform a factory reset and use your new email address.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried before 2.2 and rooting and got a message that the default email account cannot be deleted. You may have to perform a factory reset and use your new email address.

Could you just "unsync" the older account in Settings > Accounts & Sync? not sure if you can, or if it wold even be necessary. If there is nothing coming into the old account, since it's just a bogus one, then he shouldn't worry if it's just sitting there doing nothing. /speculation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463