music not found/messing up...the saga continues

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I know im not the only one who has had this problem but THIS TIME. rather than not finding my music, my phone chooses to not read the artists name on random entire CDs

i know that the information is there because i plugged it into my computer, opened up the file, and physically read all the information.

this is a brand new card, reformatted right when i got it, and then loaded up with stuff from my computer about a month ago.

any suggestions?

ive tried the following:
-re entering some artist names
-yelling at my incredible
-threatening to throw it against the wall
-rebooting the device
-apologizing for threatening to throw it against the wall

anything??

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I contacted HTC last week regarding this issue.

Here's their reply:

HTC Support said:
this appears to only affect WMA files in the Music player. The root cause has been identified and this will be resolved in the next Maintenance Release FOTA update.

It must also affect mp3s as well. Because I believe all my music is in mp3 format.

I've even gone as far as go through all my tracks and make sure all the information is listed in there correctly, and if it wasn't I put it in and the phone STILL doesn't see the information.

It's a Android 2.2 bug because I've never had this problem with 2.1.

From the way I see it, we're both out of luck until HTC pushes this update out.

Bigk

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I contacted HTC last week regarding this issue.

Here's their reply:

It must also affect mp3s as well. Because I believe all my music is in mp3 format.

I've even gone as far as go through all my tracks and make sure all the information is listed in there correctly, and if it wasn't I put it in and the phone STILL doesn't see the information.

It's a Android 2.2 bug because I've never had this problem with 2.1.

From the way I see it, we're both out of luck until HTC pushes this update out.

Bigk

WOW that really sucks to hear lol

OMG i wonder how long we are going to have to wait until the OTA comes out -_______- so ridiculous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome