Dinc's getting old? Whats your thought?

xWiggy18x

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Working for Verizon, i get to see both sides of the story. The return rate on the incredible is so low you can't believe it. I get 15 to 20 calls a week with people wanting to trade their X in for the incredible. I own the incredible and will for a long time (until the incredible 2 comes out ;-) ):cool:

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Its specs are still in line with newly released phones - 1GHz processor, 800x480 AMOLED/SLCD screen, up to 32GB storage capable, optical trackpad, WiFi, BT, GPS, Android 2.2, 8MP camera (!!), dual LED flash, 720p video recording, thinner than an iPhone 3GS.

My thoughts exactly... Outdated? No way.

S.SubZero#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I had been trying to get an Incredible since April, but they were on infinite backorder. In early September I went out of the country on vacation, determined to get a Fascinate when I got back. When I returned I read up on the Fascinate and the whole Bing mess, and rolled my eyes. I went to the Verizon store to get a Fascinate anyway, but they didn't have any. In fact all they had was Incredibles. I decided to play with one at the store and I was pleased with it, so I went with it.

I like that it's running Froyo and it's a "mature" phone. There's no day 1 surprises really, since I already knew the Inc's pros and cons for months. I came from a BB Storm so really any high-end Android phone is a massive improvement.

The Inc also fits nicely in my Storm's holster, so that was one less thing I needed to buy.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a phone out I would trade my Dinc for, I would love the same phone with a larger screen so until that happens I'm completely satisfied:)

Then you should be more than excited when the DINC HD is released, assuming it's specs are what they've been rumored to be. ;)

DustoMan

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible is the best phone I've ever owned since my Moto RAZR. I have the least complaints about the phone compared to what I've had in the past. It's got 2.2 and freaking screams. When I look at my co-workers Droid 2 and how it seems to hitch up and how much better Sense is to Blur, I'm so happy I spent the money now to switch from a Blackberry phone and got lucky getting the DINC off someone on another forum. Whatever the next version of Android ends up being for phones then I might start looking for something else. But for the time being, I'm so happy with where I'm at.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Old? Seriously?? The Dinc is still the best Android experience out there. So....until they make another phone that get's it Right like the Dinc does....there's no contest for me. The leaked specs on the Dinc HD (not out yet) look interesting....but the form factor is closer to the Evo. I actually prefer the Dinc's smaller more natural size to the Evo. The Evo is a brick in your pocket by comparison. With changeable Roms.....and little need for a front facing camera for now (until the technology matures).....the Dinc is still the smartest of the smart phones. As someone else pointed out....even iPhone users readily acknowledge this phone rocks! Yes there are some battery issues....but, they have yet to make a phone that I would trade it for evenly. Overall Best Android Phone to date.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say the Dinc is old, but I would say it's seriously flawed.

The battery issues with the phone are just unacceptable. A phone that can't even be charged to full while the phone remains powered on? Come on.

Also, the complete lack of third party accessories like phone docks is horrid.

Other than that a great phone. Aside from the iPhone, I have yet to see another smartphone on ANY carrier that looks even half as smooth as the Dinc does while using the phone and transitioning through screens.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
DInc is the best phone IMO, it's a good screen size and is powerful. It has it's issues but all of them do and overall I have been mega happy with my phone.

Ongoy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
My Droid Incredible is coming in the mail today, so it's going to be hella new to me. I'm upgrading from the LG Ally, I gave up on waiting for Froyo to fix all of its problems...

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
When it arrived @ my house one day early in april I just new that it was special....Yep this is the first phone that I plan on keeping until my new every two. I'm the kind of phone guy that usually buys a new phone every 5 or 6 months. With the incredible there is no need it's perfect alright it's just damn incredible!

diet_beal

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i actually just received my incredible last week and i don't feel at all like it's outdated. just like many others here, i came from a bb and couldn't wait to switch. now i'm extremely happy with my phone!

monkeyfez

May 13, 2010
Visit site
......The battery issues with the phone are just unacceptable. A phone that can't even be charged to full while the phone remains powered on? Come on.

Also, the complete lack of third party accessories like phone docks is horrid......

It's the best smartphone I've ever used but the above issues really ping it's top tier status.

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The Dinc's getting old? What? Compare to the merge, the Dinc is still running strong. All it has it a sim card and slide out keyboard. Switch those features out for a camera with less mp, a smaller processor, less memory, and I really don't see how the Dinc is outdated. IMO it's still the best android phone they have on VZW.

gb2010

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Droid incredible remaining life (end of 2011)

I believe that that Big red will continue to support the incredible as long as customers are still buying it. However, I believe that the standard time a company supports a handset is at least a year, Although I can easily see the Evo seeing two years of continued support since its launch in June (depends of the minimum requirements of Android 3.0 and beyond). Anyway the EOL (end of life) for the incredible will last until the next year but i can definitely see it being a relic by the beginning of January 2012

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae