So Torn b/w D2 and DInc :/

futballer

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I know overall the Dinc is better, but I've had blackberry since 2006. I'm worried that I won't be able to adjust and feel like I really need a keyboard. If I get the D2 tho I feel like I'll be missing out :/ Is the DInc really that much better than the D2?

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Either one is a good choice. I came from a BB Storm 2 to a Dinc and love it. Have never looked back. Saving over $25.00 per month in plan and hosting fees as well.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to say if one is better than the other, since I've never used a D2. I will say though that you will probably not miss the physical keyboard after using an Inc for a few days. That was my experience with my first touchscreen phone after having a BB.

mikej7

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I came from 3 years of a Blackberry and have the DInc and Love It! Between the stock keyboard and SlideIt, I do not miss the keyboard! I did alot of research and the DInc won!! I hightly recommend doing a Hard Factory Reset just after activation!!!! Many bugs in the factory install, like WiFi will not work unless you do a factory reset!! Good luck!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd miss a keyboard also, but I don't. There are apps to better the touch keyboard experience. I say go with the Incredible. :)

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Aside from the keyboard, is there anything that you guys feel the D2 has over the DInc? :D

If it's anything like the original Droid, it probably has better signal reception and better battery life. That's just from my experience with the original droid and Incredible. Might not apply with the D2.

rohdawgeleven

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Came from a storm2 to the DInc. Put it this way, the first time you load the internet on a DInc you'll wonder why you waited. Signal is better, display is great, the keyboard....

I almost got a D2 until I went to a store and had an opportunity to mess with both of them together. I ended up with the DInc. D2 just didn't seem to be as "snappy" as the DInc. It's the Sense vs. Moto battle you'll read about here in the forums but after being with a BB for so long, I can honestly say I do NOT regret getting a DInc at all.

Zabi#AC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're really unsure, the Merge looks to be like the D2/Dinc had a baby kinda. Decent specs (not as great as the dinc, but still pretty good) and a keyboard (with sense!)

datterboy

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the d2 and I have the incredible so I can give you the details.

The D2 keyboard is very good. If you must jane a physical keyboard you can't go wrong with it. The incredible is snappier for sure but the d2 is no slouch. The battery life and the signal on the d2 is significantly better than the incredible. The graphics processor on the d2 is significantly better but you can only really tell when playing games. The incredible has a better touch response and respond faster overall. There is a lag on the d2 when adding widgets and icons to your home screens but that is not a big issue for day to day use.

I personally prefer sense over blur but blur is more flexible. I just like the big clock widget and the pinch to see all display. I went with the incredible because of form factor more than anything else. But I definitely love a lot of things about the wifes d2. I can see why you would be on the fence about it.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Like others who havnen't missed the physical keyboard, I came from a BlackBerry 8330 after 2 years. I haven't missed the physical keyboard at all, which surprises me, I thought I would. The only beef I have about my Inc is the battery life, otherwise it is awesome! I have no insight on the D2 though.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Strong rumors are suggesting that the D2 is going to meet a very early EOL when the Droid [2 World Edition] hits. It's basically the exact same phone with a faster processor (1.3Ghz) and global GSM, and it hits later this month. I wouldn't get into a Droid 2 right now simply because the newer/better version of the exact same piece will be along in short order -- and also because Motorola can't be trusted to support the platform for long after EOL.

EDIT: so apparently what the blogs have been calling the Droid Pro is actually going to be the Droid 2 World Edition. The Droid Pro was announced yesterday and not the Droid2 with GSM refresh.

Last edited:

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I miss about my Blackberry is the unified mailbox. Other than that, you will get used to the touchscreen very quickly. Go DInc.

Falconfree

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I went with the DInc. Comes in on Friday. :D

You won't regret it, the Dinc is a fantastic phone. :)

Both phones are amazing though. My hubby has a D2 and I have a Dinc. Mine feels snappier, even to him, but his feels very solid and well-made when you hold it. If I had to pick again, I'd get a Dinc all over again, but if that wasn't an option I'd get a D2 in a heartbeat! The X is a nice phone too (my brother and mom both have one), but I'd take either of those over it.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Dinc is by far the better phone. Both my wife and I switched from blackberry. She has D2, I have the Dinc. The Dinc is FAR more responsive. The speed is better, and Sense is better that blur, although launcher pro makes the D2 bearable. My biggest issue is quality. My wife had her D2 less that a month and the lcd is bad. Screen went green and has developed a line. VZW claims it is cracked underneath, and I am still fighting them to replace it under warranty rather than pay the 90 insurance replacement. NOT a fan of MOTO. Her phone also feels like a brick as the Dinc is very nice in the hand. I thought I would miss the physical keyboard too, but the Dinc touchscreen is fast enough to keep up with my fast thumbs. My wife swears by the keyboard but I don't feel it is very special. It is nothing like a bb keyboard. I adjusted within a week to the virtual. I was VERY hesitant about an all touch screen but you couldn't pry the Dinc away from me now. The D2 does get better battery life, but I get through a day no problem. On weekends I am a heavy user so I do carry a spare battery, but that is because I do all my web browsing on this, and that eats battery after a few hours. The browser is better on the Dinc as well. REAL ESPN.com, not the mobile version the D2 gives you. Just my 2 cents. It ain't called incredible for nothing!

hanathan

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can't do with my touchscreen-only Fascinate that I was able to--and certainly did--do with my Blackberry (Curve 8330) is something people really shouldn't do anyway, as research shows it's quite dangerous--typing while driving.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech