Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC weather app doesnt know when its night time?

Searched for this issue and couldnt find anything. My stock htc weather widget still shows the sun at 11:25 PM. It's normally been dark for hours before the moon shows up, if it even does. I have tried reboots and constant updating of the weather to no avail. Not a big deal, but does look kind of stupid to see the sun on my phone when its almost midnight. Is there some setting I'm missing? its set to auto update every 3 hours, even though I manually update more often than that.

Have you tried a reset? I have mine set for updating once a day but I manually update more than that. I notice it changes to night time only after nine pm.

Mine usually changes at eight...they need to fix this because it's after midnight and the sun is showing.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Mine is doing the same thing too. It's night time but the sun is still out. I've done reboots and all and still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemyu View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing too. It's night time but the sun is still out. I've done reboots and all and still the same.
    Mine did the same thing and also wasn't updating the temperature last night or early this morning. Then all of a sudden it updated. I have the update setting to once an hour, tried rebooting, etc. I think it must have been something tweaked in the service temporarily?

That's strange mine did the same thing last night too..... hopefully its fixed cause it is a little annoying.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

It seems to be inherent of the stock app mime also doesn'tupfate or may loose the weather completely until I reboot. Last night the sum never set LOL

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Apparently. The touch screen is off to haha
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It was a bug. Its back to normal.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

I guess we all have this annoying problem. Not to mention that the weather and clock widget doesn't show the right city/location I'm currently at.

They need to fix this issues as we paid for the phone and are still paying for monthly service!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Mine seems to have gone back to normal. At least for tonight that is. Just a weird bug?