Still no Android 2.2 update

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I got a text message from Verizon on 9/13/2010 stating that "Your Droid Incredible was sent the Android 2.2 software update..."

How do you get this update? It still shows that I have 2.1 and says my system is up to date under system updates. Anybody else not have the 2.2 update yet or am I the only one?

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I got a text message from Verizon on 9/13/2010 stating that "Your Droid Incredible was sent the Android 2.2 software update..."

How do you get this update? It still shows that I have 2.1 and says my system is up to date under system updates. Anybody else not have the 2.2 update yet or am I the only one?

Aside from downloading it and installing it yourself, I would take it to the Verizon store and have them do it.

If want to do it yourself:

Direct download: Manually Update DROID Incredible to Android 2.2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

There are also instructions, if needed.
Basically just upload it to the root of your SDCard (don't put it in a folder) and make sure it's named update.zip. restart phone and should install.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
jwehrer: what is the current software version on your phone? Is it possible you missed the first OTA update back in May? Check Settings > About phone > Software Information (software number).

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hm. Weird. I've seen folks who didn't get the .2 update (for whatever reason) miss this OTA. But if you have .2, you should have been notified of the OTA. Take it to Verizon and let them sort it out -- it's their error (provided you, you know, have the phone legally and are paying on the contract).

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh really, what's wrong with it? Can you share some details? I'm a big believer of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I love 2.2 compared to 2.1, I have better battery life
a faster phone and HD video recording now.
It seems like most that have problems had manually updated
their phones, used task killers or have screwed around with rooting and messed
them up.
I waited for the 2.2 OTA update and never hacked/rooted my phone.....and no problems.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If that was my phone and have not yet received an update to 2.2 and was completely stock operating system then yeah I would take it to vzw and see whats going on.(as mentioned in post #6)

As far as the 2.2 update I have had no major issues with my phone and glad I updated , totally stock operating system here btw its all good for me :)

Reactions: KB3MMX

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, looks like I'm headed to the Verizon store today. I'll post with the result of my visit in case someone else experiences the same problem.

theslacker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same problem. When the first update came out a few days after the phone, mine tried to updated but got an error during the update process. Now it won't update to 2.2 (just says I'm up to date)

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, actually didn't get to the verizon store until today. They ended up just doing a factory reset and the 2.2 OTA came down and installed just fine. Working fine now with Android 2.2