How do you move an app to the sd card?

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I want to download the Google Sky Maps app and I read that it should be moved to the SD card. Can someone please tell me how to go about this?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just be aware about moving wallpaper...

I have moved live wallpaper to the sdcard and what happens is it doesn't auto load when I rebooT, I have to go in and select it.

Once I move it back to the phone and off the card, it works fine.

Lego!

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
press your menu key -> settings-> applications-> manage applications-> select google sky maps then simply click move to sd

very simple and easily undone

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Then the app is probably already on your SD card and your good to go. I would recommend getting the APP2SD app that JF recommended, it reminds you to do it once you download a capable app.

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Then the app is probably already on your SD card and your good to go. I would recommend getting the APP2SD app that JF recommended, it reminds you to do it once you download a capable app.

Ok I will make sure I download that app. Why is it necessary to keep some apps on the SD card?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yea the apps already on the sd card its not necessary at all people just do it for extra space as far as i know the space is only benefit

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I will make sure I download that app. Why is it necessary to keep some apps on the SD card?
It's not necessary, but it helps to keep the internal phone memory low. Most phones don't have a lot of internal memory dedicated to applications. I think in the case of Google Sky, it is a big app, so moving it to the SD card will free up some space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18